Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Have you noticed the headphone types are often Scared then angry when you pass them? where's your bell? You didn't hear it fuck face.

How dare you try and correct someone for doing whatever they want.

#dowhatyoufeel
Had this yesterday, traveling at about 35km down a loose section into a jump into a drifty corner. Loose Flying rocks and sticks making a lot of noise, Hit the jump and spot a walker ahead. Hit the anchors a awkwardly slow right up to his pace and roll up about 3m behind him.
Quite politely saying excuse me (trail is very close to home so always try to keep it on good terms with locals) call out a few more times and spot headphones under his terry Towling hat.
No repsonse still, Trail widened enough to roll 2m past him and mate did he get startled. Thought he was gonna have a heart failure, plus he stumbled on a rock and hurled abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Rode a not so open local down hill trail on Sunday morning. In the last third of the trail I came across mum, dad, two kids and what looked like two lions walking up the trail. Luckily the vegetation is sparse at the bottom and i had a good hundred meters to pull up but it was not what i was expecting at 8 in the morning. They were in a good mood and asked if i pushed up or drove around to the top of the hill. I said it was pretty dangerous for them further up where the scrub closes in. They didn't seem fazed. Scary shit.

After googling i think the dogs were Leonbergers - they were flippin massive.
Holy smokes - those Leonbergers are massive! Hope they had garbage bags and a shovel to clean up after them... imagine getting air off a dog shit.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Have you noticed the headphone types are often Scared then angry when you pass them? where's your bell? You didn't hear it fuck face.

How dare you try and correct someone for doing whatever they want.

#dowhatyoufeel
This has been driving me nuts lately. I saw a group out last weekend, family (I guess) of 3 together, representing 3 generations it looked like. Later I came across the same 3 on one of the more techy (for Qld) MTB only trails..... separate by 200m between them. 1st one hears me coming, second has headphones in and I had to just about stop for, 3rd was standing in the middle of a rocky descent looking like a deer in the headlights.

I mean, fine, go for your walk, everyone needs an outlet. But don't go wandering around a MTB trail with your back to the oncoming traffic with headphones in and completely oblivious to your surroundings. Especially when there was a perfectly good fire trail (with a view!) That goes the same way right next to it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Stromlo is chock full of trail blocking tards at the moment... And apparently having kids is somehow an automatic excuse to block the trail with your spawn, and not an opportunity to teach them basic manners.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Stromlo is chock full of trail blocking tards at the moment... And apparently having kids is somehow an automatic excuse to block the trail with your spawn, and not an opportunity to teach them basic manners.
You don't know the half of it. I reckon the next 20 years of my life are going to be consumed trying to civilise my kids.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So many morons walking in trail today. I watched family consult the trail map today that identifies the bike trails with somewhat clarity...then turn from the map and begin to walk straight down the bike trail. Which they had been watching bikes ride down fairly quick (there is a shitty lump they like to use as a jump for the entry). The son (approx 12) walks straight out in front of the next rider without even looking, nearly gets hit, then decides to go in straight after the bike. The mum is now scared and calling the kid back so I decide to offer a little friendly local knowledge. Of course I'm some kind of arsehole for trying to help keep everybody safe but they did follow my advice.

A little later I'm riding a narrow track along the old quarry and preparing to roll the steep chute...nope. 2 kids about 3 appear from over the lip. I pull up and scan for parents. There is a mum at the bottom, which is a reasonable distance and another 3 or 4 kids of similar size climbing up the down. I call out to her and explain that the kids are on a bike track in a spot that people can't see them until they are very close which is dangerous and easily avoided. She says "I couldn't imagine anyone wanting I ride down this..." in that condescending Karen style. I was about to. Others will also. Why the fuck do you think there is a cleared trail there? Fucking morons.

I do think the trails could be marked clearer with a "bikes only" kind of thing. People generally se to think they are going to stable through the bush onto the beach some how. Sigh

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have to say there needs to be a green trail coming down from the main hill at Kalamunda in Perth which is themain sanctioned trail network. At the moment it's all blues and with every man and his dog out at the moment it is proving problematic. Woman walking down one of these trails (with her bike just walking - I think she thought it was too much for her) in between two tabletops I only picked her out as I was landing from the first one and had to haul on the anchors. Came to a complete stop almost before she decided to get off the trail. This was followed shortly therafter by a family going up the same trail the wrong way.

Fortunately the rest of my ride was on unsanctioned trails that were awesome and without idiots :)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Stromlo isn't worth it on weekends. Just wait until its under 10 degrees and windy again.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wait until its under 10 degrees and windy again.
Was 3 degrees down here on the weekend, got out for an early ride at Lysterfield Park. Usually cold enough to keep all but the dedicated away until it warms up a bit later in the morning or arvo.
Not at the moment, never seen the place so busy! All car parks already gone! People all over the trails.

The descending trails are quiet brushed in at the moment, every corner is very blind.
Group of three riding up, luckily met them at a straighter section.
"Trail is one way fellers" in a friendly tone.
"We know" the response I get.
WTF

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
The "use your bell types" annoy the piss out of me, because they're the same ones who, when they know you're coming, will invariably make a huge production of jumping out of the way...right into the line you've already picked to get safely around them. Like what did you think I was going to do? Ride right over the top of you?

Cusswits.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Was 3 degrees down here on the weekend, got out for an early ride at Lysterfield Park. Usually cold enough to keep all but the dedicated away until it warms up a bit later in the morning or arvo.
Not at the moment, never seen the place so busy! All car parks already gone! People all over the trails.

The descending trails are quiet brushed in at the moment, every corner is very blind.
Group of three riding up, luckily met them at a straighter section.
"Trail is one way fellers" in a friendly tone.
"We know" the response I get.
WTF
Was out there this arvo as it was the only time I had. Holy fck it was busy and so many rude cnts. People riding on clearly marked closed trails. Walkers on dedicated bike trail. Bikers on dedicated walking trails and f*ckers riding the wrong way on one way trails.
Still tried to be understanding and friendly and said ‘g’day’ to everyone I came across. One one fcking response. One. Every other cnt just stared ahead and ignored me.
Lysterfield can get fucked.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Man, I have never been to Lysterfield but it seems to generate a shitload of ranting.

Struggling to visualise this place!