Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Man, I have never been to Lysterfield but it seems to generate a shitload of ranting.

Struggling to visualise this place!
They’re great trails, I particularly like some of the high speed sections of the Commonwealth games track. It’s not as all round great as Stromlo by a fair margin, but it’s not a terrible way to spend the day.

But there be idiots everywhere...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Well that's for sure. I once came across a couple of women walking a dog up Rollercoaster of all places.

Actually a not a great descent, I rarely go down that way but makes zero sense to walk up it.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man, I have never been to Lysterfield but it seems to generate a shitload of ranting.

Struggling to visualise this place!
I'm usually pretty tolerant of the place, but it's at a new level at the moment.

Here's an example from the weekend.
Most difficult jump line there is at the little skills park, tight right hand berm into the final jump (rock armour lip)
2nd screenshot is as I landed.
So this kid not only rode straight across the most difficult line, where he is headed to is 'up' one of the other two jump lines!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The signs should say no walkers on mtb trails.
It is just common sense, which is not very common. For the safety of all walk elsewhere. Also the never of parent locally who think it's ok for their small children to ride backwards through the dirt lumps!!! You can't see them and don't the parents get pissy when you suggest they supervise more closely!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Was out there this arvo as it was the only time I had. Holy fck it was busy and so many rude cnts. People riding on clearly marked closed trails. Walkers on dedicated bike trail. Bikers on dedicated walking trails and f*ckers riding the wrong way on one way trails.
Still tried to be understanding and friendly and said ‘g’day’ to everyone I came across. One one fcking response. One. Every other cnt just stared ahead and ignored me.
Lysterfield can get fucked.
It's the new wave of coronavirus fitness fanatics. They'll all go back to work soon and get back to cheeseburgering themselves to heart disease and leave our trails alone.

That, or we'll just leave the place to them. Can't even get out and fix the damage done either so between the trashed trails, lack of future for trail building, and asshats ignoring everything, might aswell drive a bit further out

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
It is just common sense, which is not very common. For the safety of all walk elsewhere.
rode today, trk work yesterday, lost count of the people walking/picking mushrooms in the pines at macedon & they all headed past the large do not enter signs -tree felling in progress, 4 staff were onsite yesterday..didn’t seem to bother the countless hoards walking wherever they wanted,

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
rode today, trk work yesterday, lost count of the people walking/picking mushrooms in the pines at macedon & they all headed past the large do not enter signs -tree felling in progress, 4 staff were onsite yesterday..didn’t seem to bother the countless hoards walking wherever they wanted,
bring on COVID-20, that only kills dumbcunts, with ruthless efficiency.

Haakon

Well that's for sure. I once came across a couple of women walking a dog up Rollercoaster of all places.

Actually a not a great descent, I rarely go down that way but makes zero sense to walk up it.
I dont get it. Thankfully the walkers the pretty rare. Had someone trail running on the front climb and he got shitty at the suggestion he not run there. And came super close to cleaning up walkers on Skyline back in the day before the rollers were put in and when it was a fast section - lucky they jumped in time!

I dont usually mind noobs on bikes though, more people on bikes has to be a good thing. But just a few basic manners would be nice, and little bit less of an assumption by parents that everyone is fine accomodating their little darlings running amok.

Out to Sparrow next time...

ForkinGreat

I agree with you in principle, but I'm greatly concerned that I may well be a dumbcunt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
as long as you are not a selfish and over entitled one, you should be fine. (see edit above).

NB a fuckwit is technically not a dumbcunt. Those heroic contributors to the 'confessions' thread can rest easy, whilst maintaining social distancing.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The "use your bell types" annoy the piss out of me, because they're the same ones who, when they know you're coming, will invariably make a huge production of jumping out of the way...right into the line you've already picked to get safely around them.
Many here have ear buds in now so bell ringing all you want doesn't always make any difference.

Then they get all snarky once you pass them and it is first time they finally notice you. I've seen this happen quite a few times and give up on people that choose to isolate themselves from the world around themselves while in public. You can't fix that one so big surprise time it will be.

Haakon

Many here have ear buds in now so bell ringing all you want doesn't always make any difference.

Then they get all snarky once you pass them and it is first time they finally notice you. I've seen this happen quite a few times and give up on people that choose to isolate themselves from the world around themselves while in public. You can't fix that one so big surprise time it will be.
I gave up on bells years ago, simpler and safer to pass them as fast as possible and minimise the time available to them to do anything stupid. If they're on the left they get a polite wide berth, if they're being annoying they get buzzed.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
That's the best, isn't it? Even better when they're coming towards you, but they've been looking straight down at the ground like they're hoping to find fifty bucks just lying there, or they're chatting away at each other*, or looking everyfookinwhere except directly in front of them, and then THEY tell YOU to "Look where you're going!"

I was, birdbrain. I was also looking where YOU were going, as you seem unable to perform that simple task by yourself, and consequently should not be allowed to leave the house unsupervised.

* One notable exception to this recently is when I saw a couple of people approaching, looking directly at each other while conversing. Then I realised one of them was doing sign language, not merely gesticulating enthusiastically as I'd first though from a distance. Naturally, they're not going to see me coming or hear me calling out, so I slowed right down until I could safely get around them because I'm not a complete arsehole.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
But yeah, as a rule, if people are coming towards you and they don't even have the presence of mind to be looking ahead, startle the bejesus out of them. It's the only way they'll learn.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I gave up on bells years ago, simpler and safer to pass them as fast as possible and minimise the time available to them to do anything stupid. If they're on the left they get a polite wide berth, if they're being annoying they get buzzed.
Yes, I agree and and the other side line usually is the best and safest way to get around the peds.

I do usually stop to walking pace for any little kids though since I don't want to freak them or their parents and and they can be unpredictable. I'd hope that the littlies would get to like riding and continue doing it when they get older. If turn into an elitist Strava-arse at that time then it can't make them think biking is a nice thing to do.

Seeing Strava primed XC arseholes gunning it on the kids loop section which they also share with 4 year old girls on their 12" pink department store bike with a fluffy unicorn in the basket is a bit shit. I feel for the kids and not the entitled XC butthead.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That's the best, isn't it? Even better when they're coming towards you, but they've been looking straight down at the ground like they're hoping to find fifty bucks just lying there, or they're chatting away at each other*, or looking everyfookinwhere except directly in front of them, and then THEY tell YOU to "Look where you're going!"

I was, birdbrain. I was also looking where YOU were going, as you seem unable to perform that simple task by yourself, and consequently should not be allowed to leave the house unsupervised.
Yep, I had that a few times with people who should know better walking towards you and head down buried in their phones. I mean, would it be too much to ask to watch where you are going since you must know that there are many others about. Groups stopping for a chat and blocking a path or trail is another thing that grinds my gears. I usually let it all go now and won't let other people's stupid mess up my day.

It's going to happen, just a matter of when.

ForkinGreat

Yep, I had that a few times with people who should know better walking towards you and head down buried in their phones. I mean, would it be too much to ask to watch where you are going since you must know that there are many others about. Groups stopping for a chat and blocking a path or trail is another thing that grinds my gears. I usually let it all go now and won't let other people's stupid mess up my day.

It's going to happen, just a matter of when.
I am in no way suggesting that you get anxiety, I am only suggesting that many of us may find this useful :)

OR

one of these taped to the handlebars. :D

Attachments

Last edited: