Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

So I'm heading to Stromlo for the first time this Sat. I gather the surfaces will be far more manicured than what is on offer up here in Sydney.
As I have never been there before are there any trails that people recommend me cutting my teeth on first? Riding a trail bike also NOT a DH. Intermediate ability. Oh and I promise I will move far far to the left off the trails when I suffer any fatigue ;-) Cheers.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The most common loop people follow is Loop 2 - up the main climb, then down Western Wedgetail, Skyline and Luge. About 25-30 minutes up, 10-15 down. All of that is pretty smooth. Not Wylde smooth though.

Have a break at the Handlebar and then go up for the bigger stuff - if you want chunk and tech or flowy jumps, it's all there. Lots of options.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Whenever I'm there I do as Tubbsy mentioned except after Western Wedgetail I head down Pork Barrel & Double Dissolution, climb up the firetrail (the last section can be a bit of a grind - Cassowary Climb? ) and then link up to do Skyline , Luge etc...seems to be a good way to gain some fun descents without countless laps up the main climb.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Whenever I'm there I do as Tubbsy mentioned except after Western Wedgetail I head down Pork Barrel & Double Dissolution, climb up the firetrail (the last section can be a bit of a grind - Cassowary Climb? ) and then link up to do Skyline , Luge etc...seems to be a good way to gain some fun descents without countless laps up the main climb.
Yep that's what I do too...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Or keep going along the front after DD to Wombat Junction and back up Heartbreaker, rollercoaster and down Skyline/luge.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wanted to hang a bell/gong at the top of the local popular push tracks. Give it a whack before dropping...never did because it would probably get stolen, but thought it would have been a little bit of fun.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don't really have any friends to begin with tho...
I'm you're friend buddy, you're not as fast as me ;)

I'll be signing up for the trial/pay. I'm still top of the leader board against the boys but only the paid ones see it.