Front hub - Hope Evo currently
Rear hub - Hope Evo currently
Front rim - Flow ex 26 currently
Rear rim - Flow ex 26 currently
Tyres - Maxxis ex tr. Minion DHF front, SS rear
Tubes - @fu tubes.
Weight - 14.1 with pedals
045B89C3-0F52-4DD2-8C4B-83AF93405396.jpeg

Firstly, this was never meant to be my bike....I’ve always loved what Transition do, and had 2 previously, but just didn’t need, and couldn’t afford another bike.

Was chasing this frame for a mate 9 months ago, but missed out on it.
It came back up for sale a few months ago as a complete bike. Another mate needed a frame so I showed it to him then negotiated a good price on it for him...then he pulled out. I bought it anyway, planning to talk him into it. No dice.

Decided to build it up with spares (aside from new mattocs I couldn’t pass up) and see how it rode, and maybe still talk my mate into it.

Nek minit, I’m riding this thing on my regular Sunday trail loop. Feeling fantastic. Pedals better than a 155mm bike should, on what is essentially an XC trail. Took it for 2 more loops over the next couple of days, and really impresse with it as a trail bike.

Took it to a DH shuttle evening mid week, and WOW! So balanced, so smooth, so solid, and feels soooo fast! I’m not a very aggressive rider, and getting less so as 50 looms, but I felt a rush, and confidence I haven’t felt in years. Tailing guys I know are a lot faster than me, were barely getting away, and I’m hitting jumps that I’ve been rolling over or around for the last few years.
Mattoc is, as always, a brilliant fork, but it’s definitely the frame that’s doing the job.

I knew nothing about the suppressor till seeing this. It’s essentially a 26” patrol, with patrol numbers, that takes a 27.5 wheel comfortably. I may try it 27.5, I may not. Definitely not feeling the need, and can’t imagine anything making this bike more fun. I’m not a racer any more, even though I do race, it’s all about dem feels for me, and this gives them to me.

I’m very vocal about my love of banshee’s. I love both my spitty and rune....but I think this is both those bikes in one. Definitely not feeling it harder to push around on the xc trails than the spitty, and it gives up nothing to the rune when it gets rowdy.

Will make a quite a few changes to this over the next few weeks (11sp, cranks, wheels, dropper) as long as it doesn’t change how much fun I’m having on this bike.

All I can say is that it sucks to be my mare(s)....but you probably already suspected that :p

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, i bet you tried real hard to talk him around.

Does this mean the transition club gets hommus now too?

You need to stop though, your fleet is too good now. You’ve peaked mate! No more!

moorey

call me Mia
I'm guessing it's all about geometry - you have found your geometry holy grail. Nice!
Possibly, thought It’s very Similar to the Rune, but substantially lighter in nearly identical spec.
The Giddy Up suspension works beautifully with the Ccdba as well.
I think it’s mainly about dem feels. Really confident on it (due to geo and suspension), so I’m letting it do what it’s meant to do more than I have for a while.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Nice looking bike mate, I wonder how Felix will go on it when he can ride again.
Got a few more weeks of riding...was gutted when watching the nationals today and there was an U13’s category.
He is welcome to have a crack at this any time. For now, he’s addicted to his spitty.

moorey

call me Mia
For anyone wondering about fitting the 27.5 in
3E0226CC-F98A-4121-B0D4-03DEFF9B78CE.jpeg
C522E6EA-0138-44A2-A27F-74A5023D66A2.jpeg
....27.5x2.4wt minion dhr on 35w’s. Shit tons of room. As much as my Rune running 27.5 dropouts.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nice bike ! Thought you were a 26" stalwart... change is good... apart from standards, changing standards is not good.