Should you shave under your shorts

• Hairy like a bear is best

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • Smooth like a teflon pan is the go

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
I wonder if that dude with the giant testies shaves his nuts? He would go through a few razors and could probably start a wig making business for people who like their hair curly.

stirk

Burner
So... Riding a regular 25km loop for the first time in my memory I've managed to chaffed my butt cheeks kind of in the sit bone area midway up the cheeks where they rub a bit I guess.

Rather than start a new thread I found this hilarious one and seek the wisdom of the aging roadies who use creams and pawpaw lip balms to avoid the red butt chaffing issues.

I'm a trimmer not a balder and given I've not had this happen before do I need to creame up now in my saggy butt years or just work on the callouses?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So... Riding a regular 25km loop for the first time in my memory I've managed to chaffed my butt cheeks kind of in the sit bone area midway up the cheeks where they rub a bit I guess.

Rather than start a new thread I found this hilarious one and seek the wisdom of the aging roadies who use creams and pawpaw lip balms to avoid the red butt chaffing issues.

I'm a trimmer not a balder and given I've not had this happen before do I need to creame up now in my saggy butt years or just work on the callouses?
Yes, I don't use chamois cream on a ride less that 100km or a full day out but some good chamois cream will do the job if you are getting irritation.

I am also a trimmer, but be careful around the sack, crack and tops of your legs where they meet you bum cheeks... where you sit bones are, trim that area too close will give you beard rash and saddle sores.

I've tried many, many chamois creams, nothing beats Assos cream IMO.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Yes, I don't use chamois cream on a ride less that 100km or a full day out but some good chamois cream will do the job if you are getting irritation.

I am also a trimmer, but be careful around the sack, crack and tops of your legs where they meet you bum cheeks... where you sit bones are, trim that area too close will give you beard rash and saddle sores.

I've tried many, many chamois creams, nothing beats Assos cream IMO.
Assos thanks man, it's the shiz over pawpaw? I'm riding Wylde Saturday morning so up for temporary options! Why the hell would my butt be chaffiing all of a sudden?!

@Mr Crudley , you up for a Wylde ride? 7am this Saturday.

safreek

Assos thanks man, it's the shiz over pawpaw? I'm riding Wylde Saturday morning so up for temporary options! Why the hell would my butt be chaffiing all of a sudden?!

Sounds like the Wilde riding has already happened. Did I hear "squeal like a pig " :eek:

ozzybmx

Betadine will clear it up, also quite a few other creams.

I had many years of issues with my boney ass, I have no ass, its like an empty school bag in a pair of jeans... though getting a bit of padding as I get older.

Saddles, chamois shorts and chamois creams. Got my sit bones measured at a Specialized shop and a free 30day return on saddles, worked out that 155mm Romin saddles were my go to saddles, been on them for 6-7 years now, Assos chamois cream worked well and worked longer than others and Assos shorts, but the shorts are $$$, the cream is similar priced to others and tub lasts a year... were an easy buy when I was doing big Kms... I rarely wear them these days, I can get away with up to a 4hr ride on the right saddle with no chamois cream and basic chamois shorts, a couple of hours ride, I can do with jocks on. The right saddle seems to be the way to go.

I bought many expensive bibs before going Assos.

The 900km Mawson a few months back, it was 2 pairs of Assos bibs (under baggies) and Assos cream everyday.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I did use Assos for many years before they sold it in Australia, I couldn't get hold it one year and went to Aussie Butt cream and it worked just as well, the only difference is you need to use more but the Aussie butt jars are bigger and almost the same price anyway.

ozzybmx

I did use Assos for many years before they sold it in Australia, I couldn't get hold it one year and went to Aussie Butt cream and it worked just as well, the only difference is you need to use more but the Aussie butt jars are bigger
Thats the issue, its like you must drink, you must eat while riding... when is the time you need to stop and apply more butt cream.

I'd rather apply it once at the start rather that get twice as much for the same price and have to carry it with me and apply mid ride.

Just my take on it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thats the issue, its like you must drink, you must eat while riding... when is the time you need to stop and apply more butt cream.

I'd rather apply it once at the start rather that get twice as much for the same price and have to carry it with me and apply mid ride.

Just my take on it.
I only ever apply it on once at the beginning of the ride but I use more of it than I would have with the Assos and it seems to work ok for me.

Most of my rides are around the 1hr mark but I have done a few 4hr rides with it also, even with the Assos if I had done more than 3 consecutive rides of over 80kms with a lot of climbing involved, I would end up with at least one saddle sore regardless. One of the main things I found was to get out of your sweaty nicks ASP and clean the bacteria off your undercarriage.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Ohhh, Mrs has plans to go out on Saturday but I'll see if I can make it for a sneaky.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
One of the main things I found was to get out of your sweaty nicks ASP and clean the bacteria off your undercarriage.
I always get out of my nicks as fast as possible too. My bike gear gets a wash in shower with me since I hate having smelly bike stuff sitting around waiting for a machine wash.

I've never used any creams before on my landing gear but I sometimes get a bit red on my stuff rubbing on the underliner netting.

I use undiluted tea tree oil on it and it stings like nothing you have never known until you get used to it. Fahn kills, it is that bad. Now, I can almost lather up on it. It heals quickly for me with it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I always get out of my nicks as fast as possible too. My bike gear gets a wash in shower with me since I hate having smelly bike stuff sitting around waiting for a machine wash.

I've never used any creams before on my landing gear but I sometimes get a bit red on my stuff rubbing on the underliner netting.

I use undiluted tea tree oil on it and it stings like nothing you have never known until you get used to it. Fahn kills, it is that bad. Now, I can almost lather up on it. It heals quickly for me with it.
The Aussie Butt cream has tea tree oil and Melaleuca in it too but I can remember when I started riding again years ago I had a bad case of itchy crotch, it took about six months to totally get rid off it.

I had done one long ride with normal jocks and lost a bit of skin off down there so I went into Anaconda and bought some Armour sports underwear, didn't pre-wash them but the next day I broke out in itchy crotch. Some mungrel might have tried them on before because I had never had it in my life but after that always used chammie cream and wash any new underwear.

Last edited: