SHCC 3Hr XC Enduro 24th July:Welby via Mittagong

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Handy to Mittagong?
Not got any races booked for 24th July?
Like to try a new track (to you), thats got enough in it to have a fun day out?
Interested in doing a low key 3hr race?
Like to help support a local cycle club?

You're invited to come along to the Southern Highland Cycle Club 3hr XC Enduro at our 6km course at Welby (2mins west of Mittagong along old Hume Highway). Full information on our website. If you're 16years (as of now) or over you can ride the full 3hrs solo or pairs. If you're 15years or younger now - pairs only. New map:

welby_new_map01.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
That's the one where you park across from the Cemetery yeah? If it is I found that a pretty tough course. Is that nearly vert sand-mound still in?

B.J.

Likes Bikes
I'm currently in MEL with work and will miss this, any chance it may get a rerun later in the year? Hope this event is a good one for you guys, I've raced a couple of club events with you guys before, well run and friendly is how I'd describe you guys. Fingers crossed for later in the year!

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
I'm currently in MEL with work and will miss this, any chance it may get a rerun later in the year? Hope this event is a good one for you guys, I've raced a couple of club events with you guys before, well run and friendly is how I'd describe you guys. Fingers crossed for later in the year!
Thanks for the thumbs up.... Our winter calendar is full and we haven't drawn up a summer calendar yet, but we are investigating a variety of formats and running some longer races such as 3-4hrs and maybe there will be one later in the year. It would be good to run some night races as well. Send me a pm and I'll put your name down for contact. Cheers. Keith.

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Rode the new track this afternoon - a whole lot of fun! 7.8km Elevation 118m ascend/descend.

Enter Now.

Take a look at the route here - anticlockwise if your familiar:

welby_new_map01.jpg

welby_new_map02.jpg

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Event looks really cool, im probably 75% coming at this point. Just gota sort out some logistics 1st!

Anyway, I really hate to be focus on the negatives, but weather... http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/illawarra/mittagong

Of course forecasts, especially long range, have been known to be wrong, but its not looking to good at the moment. Whats the plan if the weather is bad?

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Event looks really cool, im probably 75% coming at this point. Just gota sort out some logistics 1st!

Anyway, I really hate to be focus on the negatives, but weather... http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/illawarra/mittagong

Of course forecasts, especially long range, have been known to be wrong, but its not looking to good at the moment. Whats the plan if the weather is bad?
mmm.. weather is one of those things that we'll have to take a look at. But the track is pretty much 'all weather' and at the moment is in great nick and with a few new sections cut in should bed in well. It definitely doesn't become like Appin which, when it rains it becomes a gear destroyer. There may be a few scurfy days in the middle of this week by the looks but by the weekend there's a chance of 1-2mm. My readng of it would see the worst over by the Friday. Frankly weatherzone is a bit hit and miss at times. If things really went rotten for everybody then we'd pull the pin by notification at shcc website by the sat evening (plus emails for riders on rego system), but I just don;t see that being necessary. The online rego is purely so we get an idea of rider numbers and for new riders to be already in the timing system by Sunday - just to reduce the stress - there's no need to pay except when you pick up your plate. So - please do enter if you can - it should be great race!

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
mmm.. weather is one of those things that we'll have to take a look at. But the track is pretty much 'all weather' and at the moment is in great nick and with a few new sections cut in should bed in well. It definitely doesn't become like Appin which, when it rains it becomes a gear destroyer. There may be a few scurfy days in the middle of this week by the looks but by the weekend there's a chance of 1-2mm. My readng of it would see the worst over by the Friday. Frankly weatherzone is a bit hit and miss at times. If things really went rotten for everybody then we'd pull the pin by notification at shcc website by the sat evening (plus emails for riders on rego system), but I just don;t see that being necessary. The online rego is purely so we get an idea of rider numbers and for new riders to be already in the timing system by Sunday - just to reduce the stress - there's no need to pay except when you pick up your plate. So - please do enter if you can - it should be great race!
No worries. All understood, cheers!

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Due to Excess Water on Track - 3hr Enduro Cancelled

Following further inspections of the Welby track on Friday afternoon, the race director, Stuart Sell has advised that the track now has significant amounts of water flowing on it. As the possibility is for further rain and very little drying capacity in cold overcast conditions forecast, SHCC regretfully is cancelling the 3hr Enduro. Thank you for your interest in the event and for those riders who pre-registered online.

May you all have a great weekend and get some sleep after the long nights of watching the TDF.