AM She’s Crafty, she gets around…

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
How could I forget about that one?
Is it the enormity of the fuck up or the sheer amount of times you hang dog present yourself to the RB peanut gallery that wins the golden crown?
Everything about that post, was perfect. The story, the writing, it was beautiful.
No amount of “tyre in backwards” and “yelled at young bloke because I put bandsaw blade on backwards” (yes I remember that ahahaha) will ever top minlak.

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Solvered. It’s memory plastic anyway. After first test, I decided to go a bit further. As soon as heat touched it, popped out.
Note to self, don’t leave bike in sun.
View attachment 378881
I think we can call hack of the year award right here!
Any chance you released a nasty chemical reaction that will leach into the water and make you grow man boobs or something like that.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How could I forget about that one?
Is it the enormity of the fuck up or the sheer amount of times you hang dog present yourself to the RB peanut gallery that wins the golden crown?
One? There was fire and pants shitting...possibly more than one fire? It's been so long.

moorey

call me Mia
"Doesn't climb well" he said*. "Won't accept wide-range cassettes" he said.

No wonder I've got trust issues... :(

(*...citing somebody else's opinion)
It climbs well enough, I’m getting used to it, I just take them a bit slower…but if it’s eventually coming on the TT and doing 1500-1800m a day for 5 straight days, it needs all the help it can give my old legs.

I can’t tolerate shifting issues. Test will tell.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I've been running a Sunrace 11-50 on mine with no issues at all. That's with XT 11 speed long cage and 36 up front.

That rattle drove me nuts. I have done something similar with automotive vacuum hose. I also had to stuff something (I can't remember what) further in because the cable was rattling against the inside of the downtube.

moorey

call me Mia
I've been running a Sunrace 11-50 on mine with no issues at all. That's with XT 11 speed long cage and 36 up front.

That rattle drove me nuts. I have done something similar with automotive vacuum hose. I also had to stuff something (I can't remember what) further in because the cable was rattling against the inside of the downtube.
I don’t need 50t….and even 46 on other bikes needed more B screw than I like….but I’m fussy AF. Good to hear though. Rattle 100% gone. Can’t move in or out and can’t rattle in the ports. Was on the verge of going external…which I usually prefer anyway, TBH.

moorey

call me Mia
Shifting with the 9-46 in the bottom end has been a bit vague. Even though I'd put a cassette with 4 more teeth on, I dropped 2 links last night. Counter intuitive, but I still have enough in the big cog, and tension in the 9t feels better. Backed off the B a little more again, testing this arvo.....but I suspect that its in the cassette. It's a lightweight version with all but the 46 machined from the one piece, but even when it shifts cleanly, it sounds clunky. Possibly to do with the material, but was a bit unnerving. Always felt like I had to nurse it more, and not so keen on the multi-shifting.
It's a bit better (on the stand) after the tweaks, but if not 100% tonight, it's back to the rock solid steel 9-42.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Shifting with the 9-46 in the bottom end has been a bit vague. Even though I'd put a cassette with 4 more teeth on, I dropped 2 links last night. Counter intuitive, but I still have enough in the big cog, and tension in the 9t feels better. Backed off the B a little more again, testing this arvo.....but I suspect that its in the cassette. It's a lightweight version with all but the 46 machined from the one piece, but even when it shifts cleanly, it sounds clunky. Possibly to do with the material, but was a bit unnerving. Always felt like I had to nurse it more, and not so keen on the multi-shifting.
It's a bit better (on the stand) after the tweaks, but if not 100% tonight, it's back to the rock solid steel 9-42.
Is that the ZTTO?
Im finding in the stand the sexy looking e13helix cassette is shifting beautifully but backpedaling on the large cog it drops the chain. I know I won’t be riding like this but it’s still annoying. E13 blamed the high pivot design with the idler which is certainly possible as there isn’t as much chain wrap holding it on the cog. Ive got a bit more wriggle room to remove another link or two to tighten the chain up to see if that helps.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Is that the ZTTO?
Im finding in the stand the sexy looking e13helix cassette is shifting beautifully but backpedaling on the large cog it drops the chain. I know I won’t be riding like this but it’s still annoying. E13 blamed the high pivot design with the idler which is certainly possible as there isn’t as much chain wrap holding it on the cog. Ive got a bit more wriggle room to remove another link or two to tighten the chain up to see if that helps.
I have a 50t Garbaruk back-pedalling perfectly on the big cog on the stand at least, is this happening only on the bike?