She watch channel ZERODE!

BKelly

teh fast
Lookin the goods mate!

Just need a matching front wheel and maybe some white lowers.

Some blue Atomlab rims on that would look sweet too!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Yeah, Formulas not mating with the Alfine shifter too well. Already attacked it with a file, will attack it more to get them tighter.
Which way around are you running the levers? Most people run the shifter inboard of the brake. To get my hayes and now avids where I wanted them, I swapped the brake lever to the inboard position instead. Doing that might solve the issue rather than filing.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Lookin the goods mate!

Just need a matching front wheel and maybe some white lowers.

Some blue Atomlab rims on that would look sweet too!!! :eek:
If only I had a money tree.
Let me know if you get some good used white lowers. Or if anyone wants to swap for my grey ones.
Blue rims maybe in the future, but after a days DHing with low pressures, and no dint's, doesn't look like I'll be needing new rims any time soon.

Which way around are you running the levers? Most people run the shifter inboard of the brake. To get my hayes and now avids where I wanted them, I swapped the brake lever to the inboard position instead. Doing that might solve the issue rather than filing.
I have the brake on the outside. It's the only way the Formula will work with the Alfine shifter. If I can get shorter levers for the brake, it'll be fine. Can't seem to find any though.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the brake on the outside. It's the only way the Formula will work with the Alfine shifter. If I can get shorter levers for the brake, it'll be fine. Can't seem to find any though.
your best bet is to get a dremil and shorten them, i see you going :eek: but ive done it pleanty on my streetfighter, no need for full fist front brake, it had twin 6pot direct mount calipers, pumping out stoppie heaven power

No Skid Marks

your best bet is to get a dremil and shorten them, i see you going :eek: but ive done it pleanty on my streetfighter, no need for full fist front brake, it had twin 6pot direct mount calipers, pumping out stoppie heaven power
Yeahhhh nup. Levers are the wrong shape, and don't look like they'll go well with bending due to their shape.
Might have to get some XTRs or Saints.

No Skid Marks

Why does it look so steep in the front? Nice lookin bike though, good to you using some nice forks for once.
Worked out the front looks steep due to the down tube being at a different angle to normal, giving an optical elousion, as down tube doesn't go to BB. Measures 64.5 with 888s slammed.

More pics

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

A few upgrades.
Tune front hub/Old style Deemax(823)rim.
A2Z rotorz.
Works Components angleset(Zerodes now come stock with anglesets so you can pick lazy or crazy lazy).
Rennen rear sprocket(larger than stock).
DHX5 Air shock(on trial).
Can't recall what they're called, but those aluminum outer gear cables.
Diety Black Label bars.
Carbon fiber shock guard, and Titanium bolt kit(now come stock with Zerodes).
Think taht's it, shortened hoses, cables and steerer.

Last edited:

murfmtb

Likes Bikes
hey man was just wondering how u find that rear wheel?was thinking of geting a set of them. oh nice bike too:biggrin:

No Skid Marks

The Atom Lab?
It's super strong, doesn't dent at all. I've managed to crack my rear(still riding it fine). I'd buy them again. I run Ghetto tubeless set up. They might pinch flat tubes easy as they don't dent easy.
I rate them. Lots of clicks, and pretty light.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode one of these for a day at thredbo one the weekend (thanks again Rod), and i have to say it's an amazing bike to ride.
So different to every other bike i've ridden, so smooth through the rough due to it's rearward axle path and so incredibly quiet. There is seriously zero noise coming from this thing! Very confidence inspiring ride, took a couple of runs to get used to it, but after that i was riding faster than i do on my own bike (IH Sunday). Everything about this bike was great. My only gripe is the alfine shifter, just takes a bit of getting used to (especially coming off sram), but otherwise this thing is amazing!

This bike is currently sitting on the top of my wish list!

No Skid Marks

This frame is now for sale in the for sale section.
Watch this space for pics of my new Zerode in new anodized colours in the coming weeks.
Hmmm Anodized black, blue or raw?

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Running 40s for now, see how they go compared to the 888/Avy set up. And double Barrel out back.
See first pics. Sorry for dirty bike.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Running 40s for now, see how they go compared to the 888/Avy set up. And double Barrel out back.
See first pics. Sorry for dirty bike.
Looking sweet Rod , mate can you please tell us how the new 40`s compare to the 888 . Cheers , Damo .

No Skid Marks

Looking sweet Rod , mate can you please tell us how the new 40`s compare to the 888 . Cheers , Damo .
Will give a vague report, but my 888s have an Avalanche cartridge, and I didn't ride them stock for long before it was installed. I do have stock 888s to retry, and probably will, but I'm at the end of the light scale at sub 70kg, so my findings won't be very handy.

Last edited: