Sherman Fireflys

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You saying it's not personal pref? :roll:
None rightfully feel "better".. it's which one you like the feel of, people can't say one feels shit, the other is wicked, two different springs, different materials, which ever you like, take your pick !

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
matt462 said:
matty_2003, do you feel like getting your shit sorted before you start laying down the law. The flicks (and I have a set) do not have TCP+ they have TCP which is not position sensitive.

If you feel you still want to argue about it why don't you phone Manitou on 03 95880972 and discuss it with them.
Sherman Flick
Weight 4.8 lbs
Travel 110/130 Rapid Travel II top mounted
Damping TPC+
Adjustments Rebound, Comp, Travel
Lubrication Semi-Bath with Evil Genius Seals
Spring Coil
Casting Magnesium RA
Stanchions 32 mm aluminum
Steerer Steel
Axle Standard Quick Release
Optional Hex Lock Thru-axle

matt462

Likes Dirt
Well I think this is where I say sorry and maybe I should listen to what I preach.

Arr it seems the 03 stuff did, but the 04 I have a set of flick's sitting about 5 meters from me don't, there's no tpc+ on them, but that maybe a 04 thing.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm.. wonder why they dont have it on the 04's?

And as for the apology, thanks, most people would still have their back up about it. Some people on here just need to be a little more open minded and calm down when arguing...
*cough* Chewy *cough* Is it your turn to shut up foo?

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there actually a reason for taking the damping from tpc+ to tpc in the 2004 range? that's kinda sucky... why!?!?

matt462

Likes Dirt
I just spoke to me mate in a bike shop and he thinks it a error in the 2003 info and the flicks even in 03 don't have tcp. I will get to the bottom on this don'y you worry.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Manitou website says they have tpc+... and im pretty sure that the only differences are alu steerer and springs......

peto

Likes Dirt
I have been using firefly's on my Bullit and they are awsome. They don't flex as much as the boxxers they replaced. As for the TI springs I did not even know they were in there at first until a mate told me so what's all the big deal, they are great forks. My only gripe with them is the 4" travel position is of no ust to me.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the extra inch on the z150 would only be better for DH or hucking.. other than that... SHERMANS!! I also think the Shermans are an over all stronger fork... z150's are new.. and not really proven.. there are already a few cases of them snapping.. although.. i dont know what made them snap.. could of been thrown off a cliff for all i know :roll:

Broken200

Likes Dirt
ti springs

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_susp_renton.html
Took about 2 seconds to find some info about the real benifits of ti springs. Spv would not be a waste in my opinion but you can survive without it by using the Rapid Travel adjustment on the long climbs. I run mine on a Bullit and when you pedal up a hill the rear end is pretty much bob free but the firefly's can get a bit of a bob goin on. The alloy steerer is very thick so I wouldn't worry bout it much. I'm not saying these forks are indistructable but I've done bout 2600km's and only needed to replace 1 oil seal on the bottom of the tpc cartridge and the rapid travel stopped working. I'm pretty sure that was due to improper installation of the firm spring kit by the shop. I am pretty hard on my bike, not ruff as guts, but I don't mind a few jumps, drops etc so I am pretty confident that my forks will hold up.
PS Markus at Manitou Aust sorted my forks out asap under warranty, great service.