shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Item: A Shimano long cage 10sp derailleur
Condition: Good- working
Price: A lot less than new.
Reason: Dicking about with a Tanpan and 1X
Photo: Sure.

DMan

ditch the tanpan & just use a 9 spd rear der.., pulls great with 10 spd road shifters
Interesting as I have it running a 9sp long cage Deore derailleur with goat link.... It's still very clunky shifting though. I don't have a lot of experience with DD trainers so maybe they are just clunky.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Ditch the derailleur and go SS? Seems to me that on a trainer all you care about is a desired power output, the cadence you want to spin. I guess you need something handy to control ERG mode (power.) I don't Zwift but a quick google suggests it is usable there. Me doing workouts generated on my Garmin seems to just involve finding the quietest gear combo and avoiding the ERG spiral of death.

Looks likes the Kickr Bike doesn't have any derailleurs, it just calculates jumps in the ERG/resistance to simulate the groupset of your choice.

moorey

call me Mia
Item: A Shimano long cage 10sp derailleur
Condition: Good- working
Price: A lot less than new.
Reason: Dicking about with a Tanpan and 1X
Photo: Sure.
Might have a Zee….why do you need wide range gears on a trainer?

DMan

Ditch the derailleur and go SS? Seems to me that on a trainer all you care about is a desired power output, the cadence you want to spin. I guess you need something handy to control ERG mode (power.) I don't Zwift but a quick google suggests it is usable there. Me doing workouts generated on my Garmin seems to just involve finding the quietest gear combo and avoiding the ERG spiral of death.

Looks likes the Kickr Bike doesn't have any derailleurs, it just calculates jumps in the ERG/resistance to simulate the groupset of your choice.
Interesting, but like you say, it depends on the use. For a workout maybe, but for a V-everesting ERG mode isn't going to work.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
She needed a bit more range for Everesting.... Apparently your legs get tired after 9000m. Madness I tell you...
Chime us all in when She's going to do it. There's a few 'burners, me included, who may stand a chance of keeping up with her.............. just................. on her final run up the Alpe.

DMan

Chime us all in when She's going to do it. There's a few 'burners, me included, who may stand a chance of keeping up with her.............. just................. on her final run up the Alpe.
lol. You freaks just missed out. She did a "just because" one about 6 weeks ago. I think she wants a "real" one next.....

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
lol. You freaks just missed out. She did a "just because" one about 6 weeks ago. I think she wants a "real" one next.....
Nice one. There are a surprising number of freaks everesting Alpe de Zwift.

I have been saddened and angered recently to be passed by two people cheating it, by using bots

What is wrong with people?

DMan

I have been saddened and angered recently to be passed by two people cheating it, by using bots

Yeah that sucks. But you still need to get the attempt officiated as far as I know? So hopefully hey get thrown out.

moorey

call me Mia

Wait….doing virtual riding…but only virtually riding that ride to attempt to win others respect?
These people have to have been brought up by people who’s parents insisted on the ‘pass the parcel’ game went to every person at the party, and every layer had a grand prize.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
for a V-everesting ERG mode isn't going to work.
I would have thought setting Erg power to 15 or 20 or 25% less than FTP and thus pedalling a precise effort you know you can sustain for hours would have been ideal. Subtract a few watts as you tire. It's certainly unnatural, but then so is Zwift.

But I don't Zwift .. or ride indoors for more than hour at a time - or much indoors in a year - so maybe missing something?

DMan

I would have thought setting Erg power to 15 or 20 or 25% less than FTP and thus pedalling a precise effort you know you can sustain for hours would have been ideal. Subtract a few watts as you tire. It's certainly unnatural, but then so is Zwift.

But I don't Zwift .. or ride indoors for more than hour at a time - or much indoors in a year - so maybe missing something?
Probably. It's all way above my pay grade. My job is to bring snacks and oil the chain