VIC Shimano 9 speed BB tool 8 notch

tim3638

Smith of hammers curious
Item: Shimano roughly 2000 bottom bracket tool I think they are hollow tech 1. And are 8 'notch' also interested in the 6 'notch' preload tool if someone has one kicking around in there shed. These were usually XTR or dura ace/ultegra spec

Price: no idea what they are worth

Extra Info: From the glorious days of 'mega 9' drive trains when an 11-34 cassette was massive.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The bottom bracket (which incidentally is Octalink, it's the crank which may or may not be Hollowtech) housings will also have an internal spline, which is common across the industry, unlike the rather specific external pattern; will probably have better luck finding that tool, but you should be able to get one from your LBS for a price equivalent to about three shitty coffees....

tim3638

Smith of hammers curious
Thanks Duckmeister I always value your insight. Yes it is a octalink bb, I have the internal spline bottom bracket tool (lots of small splines) I am after the external one. It is for a m950 bottom bracket.

tim3638

Smith of hammers curious
I was thinking because of how old it is people my still have the tool but not the part anymore. I might just have source a new one.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks Duckmeister I always value your insight. Yes it is a octalink bb, I have the internal spline bottom bracket tool (lots of small splines) I am after the external one. It is for a m950 bottom bracket.
It’s like a C spanner tool you need. I used to have one. You just needing to remove? Use a pipe wrench carefully. Can also use one to for installing the BB if needed.