Shimano AIRLINES

Kel$tr@

Squid
does anyone out there have an Airlines setup? Igot a setup for my KHS Fetish and i want to know if anyone has had any long term use of said setup on their rig.And do you or are you having any probs. :

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i heard it was really shitty - that's why they fazed it out after so little time - i think you can still get it from some onlinev stores for real cheap.....

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
yer, i hear they only give em to pros now but no 1 seems to run em, and the fact u could only get like 100 shifts in kinda sucked ass

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
The system's refillable with stocko air which is an awesome idea considering this can be done with a regular pump. Obviously won't reach the required pressures, but it'll help you get home if you take it for a trail ride. Obviously designed for racing thow. The Rear mech is supurbly built and shifts so crisply (whether this is due to the air powered shifting, i'm not too sure), and the shift paddles are so nice. The downside is you can only downshift one cog at a time. If you farkup in a dh run, it's always nice to dump 3 gears in one go with a standard rapidfire shifter. This is where airlines lose the 'quick-shift' war.

Kel$tr@

Squid
shimanao AIRLINES

thanks guys for the replies .my airline setup gets about 200/250 shifts per tank so i refill it whenever im staying put for a while. you gave me another insight into the system that i hadnt thought of.the shifting is damn precise though.the rear mech is a work of art, didnt want to get it dirty at first,but now im getting used to it and the shifting ,its quilk on the upshifts under brakes . :}