Shimano Cassette for campy body?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Hey, roadie help needed. Trying to run some campy wheels on an Ultegra bike. Who makes a 10speed cassette that will fit the campy spline but work with the 10 speed shimano?

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
have you tried it with the campy cassette yet? most bikes run very well, the spacing is so similar. before you splash any cash just try the campy cassette. i ran sram (same spacing as shimano) with a campy cassette for 6 months, faultless. otherwise just buy a shimano freewheel for the wheels, a shimano cassette and freewheel end up costing about the same as just a campy cassette anyway.

Last edited:

j5ive

Yeah cheers, Just trying to work out if campy sells a shimano freehub for their wheels?

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it depends on the wheels, we were able to get a shimano freehub for the last two generations of zonda's so they're around. just get your lbs to do some ringing. there's a few campy importers in oz, one of them will have something.

j5ive

Yeah, I work in a shop. So its not an issue if the part is available. They are 07 scirroco (sp?)

setonz

Likes Dirt
no go for the scirocco sorry.. i have them as my training wheels and they only come in campy. maybe try American classic for a cassette? or for some big dollars ... wheels manufacturing.

Cassette

Hey mate you should try the website www.totalcycling.com they usually have a few casettes that can be changed.

otherwise do what the guy said and try running the cassette with shimano, cause i know you can run a shimano chain with a campy cassette, have had to do that before and it runs perfectly.