Shimano DX Pedals + Shoes?

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
Hmmn, I feel thick asking this but how do the Shimano DX SPD compatible shoes clip into the Shimano DX M647 pedals?? :confused:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
bdstorer said:
Hmmn, I feel thick asking this but how do the Shimano DX SPD compatible shoes clip into the Shimano DX M647 pedals?? :confused:
have you attacthed the cleats to the shoes?

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
Yeah, fitted the cleats but still doesnt seem to want to clip in? Is there a knack to it? or maybe something is missing??

Mugger

Senir oMermber
They the right way?

Fark hard to explain, I normally put front end in first then put pressure to get the back down.

Cranks are at um 12 and 6 o clock, i like the pedal high to clip in.

Um,, hope that helps. I've just started using 'em, great things.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
roxy12 said:
have u tried redusing the tension?
There is a little allen key bolt at the back of each pedal that reduces the tension of the lock in mechanism, wind that out until you get the desired feel.
To clip in, slide the front of the cleat into the pedal then push down with your heel/back of your foot
To clip out, twist your foot outwards with your heel.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Nothing worse then having your tension too tight then trying to unclip at slow speeds and falling over in front of everyone :eek:

I find with my clips, you really gotta put some serious weight to get the cleat into position.

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeop, play around with the spring tension, dont go undoing it too much though, there is a red dial that helps you gauge the tension and dont let that red thing wind all the way in or you'll need to open the whole cleat mechanism to fix it!
Also, some wd40 to get it going helps.

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
MTB Maniac said:
There is a little allen key bolt at the back of each pedal that reduces the tension of the lock in mechanism,

ok.. loosened the tension and NOW it clips in!! phew!! That was REALLY buggin! me cheers for the help guys! Benno:p