Shimano geoblock for USA and Canada

Minlak

custom titis
I rate xx1 shifting as slightly better then xtr. You’re the other way around?
This is a well timed comment to find. I have 1 bike with XT 11spd and my new bike is now 11Spd Sram. I knew at the time of purchase I wasnt fussed with the NX shifter so got an XX1 shifter and fitted that. I rode yesterday and today on the Sram stuff and am now seriously considering changing my other bike over to Sram. It just shifts better and the drive train in general is quiter.

P.S extra bonus Christmas gift I get to spend around $2.5k of some one else's money today computer shopping. I don't get to keep the computer of course but it's always nice to spend money. :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is a well timed comment to find. I have 1 bike with XT 11spd and my new bike is now 11Spd Sram. I knew at the time of purchase I wasnt fussed with the NX shifter so got an XX1 shifter and fitted that. I rode yesterday and today on the Sram stuff and am now seriously considering changing my other bike over to Sram. It just shifts better and the drive train in general is quiter.

P.S extra bonus Christmas gift I get to spend around $2.5k of some one else's money today computer shopping. I don't get to keep the computer of course but it's always nice to spend money. :)
Good move on ditching nx

2.5k buys a lot of used dell r710’s :)

Gaming pc?

Minlak

custom titis
Good move on ditching nx

2.5k buys a lot of used dell r710’s :)

Gaming pc?
Technically not gaming but they want to do some photos so it will be gaming capable. Just got a dell G3 for $1600 has 6core i7 16gb Ram 256gb ssd with 1 tb he’d and a 1050ti 4gb gfx seems pretty good for the money. Would have prefers MSI.

They have 1 left of last season dell with old school i7 4core would have been more powerful but for the extra $200 went with the new tech for them.

Minlak

custom titis
My current town bike is running nx and I've been happy enough with it for the cost. It is comparable to shimano Zee. It is not comparable to shifting with the glorious x0.
NX works fine I just knew that it would niggle at me if I didn’t put a better lever on. :)

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So if you’re building a new bike, you could go Hope brakes, sunrace cassette, raceface cranks (Shimano cranks are shit anyhowz) and get an xt derailleur and shifter. Probably cost you $100 more for the shifter and derailleur than it does currently.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I rate xx1 shifting as slightly better then xtr. You’re the other way around?
Haven't spent enough time on xx1 riding it, a bit of workshop time and it was good. Just XTR never needed tweaking, jockey wheel life was good, cages were strong, and was always precise for longer, also not so loud and I'll run a shimano chain every day of the week.

Minlak

custom titis
I’m not actually sure why anyone really cares recently they haven’t been that cheap for Shimano. I guess maybe concern prices in Aus will rise again with the lack of worldwide competition.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I’m not actually sure why anyone really cares recently they haven’t been that cheap for Shimano. I guess maybe concern prices in Aus will rise again with the lack of worldwide competition.
You think this is only going to affect crc?

Minlak

custom titis
You think this is only going to affect crc?
Nope is already a US and Canada geoblock I cant see CRC being the only UK one effected so I assume all the UK will go.
Germans will be interesting as some of them seem to have said fuck off to a Sram Geoblock.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sucks. So it's both SRAM and Shimano geoblocked. I'll still stick to Shimano because of reliability etc. Hopefully the Germans keep it up

bikie

Rock Bottom
Fuck crc. They gone to shit anyway since the take over. Bike-discount is my goto now if it's not urgent.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Geoblocking is one thing, at least sram provide local support and generally have pretty much everything locally.

Shimano don't, and have been fucking useless in Aus for a long time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jenson seem to be sending shimano still.

I did a comparison with local prices for shimano cranks. What a balls up! Local prices are significantly more, usually didn't include bb or ring, and there was fuck all options.