Shimano Saints brakes

moorey

call me Mia
I doubled checked I wasn't just careless, wouldn't be the first time:D

Please take a look at the vid when I squeeze the lever, looks like it is leaking to me? -

Are you looking to sell one, I just called LBS none in stock at Shimano apparently?
If the piston is right out like that, it will definitely leak. Compress them and put in a bleed block, then repeat

hrzook

Squid
If the piston is right out like that, it will definitely leak. Compress them and put in a bleed block, then repeat
What is the best method to compress them in? That one that is "leaking" seems quite difficult to move.

moorey

call me Mia
What is the best method to compress them in? That one that is "leaking" seems quite difficult to move.
Make sure its going in square or it won't go at all. Shouldn't be hard to push in after losing all that oil.

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
be careful pressing them back in, I think they are ceramic and I’ve chipped them before. I use a flat head screwdriver and a rag around it, just lever/press each one back in individually. Clean up the excess fluid Then put a bleed block in and squeeze again and see if liquid still comes out.

moorey

call me Mia
I sometimes use big needle nose pliers with a rag, Keep it square. One side outside the caliper.

hrzook

Squid
So I couldn't get it back in so I let it come all the way out and the back of the piston is shattered with little shards sitting in the port. :oops: Throw away or they can be rebuilt?

moorey

call me Mia
So I couldn't get it back in so I let it come all the way out and the back of the piston is shattered with little shards sitting in the port. :oops: Throw away or they can be rebuilt?
I think that's a bad sign.

I think you can buy non genuine replacements.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'd keep the caliper for spares. Aliexpress will be the cheapest but slowest source for a new Saint caliper. Universal cycles in the US will be the quickest source. Use dhl or fedex as the carrier.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hrzook

Squid
Ordered on Universal cycles website thanks for the tip. I thought Shimano Geo-Blocked all their stock now, anyway the order went through. :)What sort of turn around should I have coming from Universal cycles?

moorey

call me Mia
I'd keep the caliper for spares. Aliexpress will be the cheapest but slowest source for a new Saint caliper.
And maybe the fakest...in the fine print of the pro4 hubs I almost bought in desperation, it said they weren’t manufactured by Hope.