shining yourself

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hadn't shinned myself for ages, had got complacent, didn't wear my shinpads much.

Untill just the other day bunnyhopping up a gutter I slipped straight off my pedal. Lucky for me I WAS wearing my shinguards, and for the frst time in a while. It put a nice dent in the plastic too.

So there you go somethines it does happen when you are wearing your shinguards :)

(I have probably jinxed myself and will shin myself real bad now)

bazza

look at me
buy these

buy a cheap pair of soccer shin pads. they will do the trick!!! thats all i wear when im jumping or screwing around. bugger wearing my azonics just for stuffing around!!!!

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
ok, here we go, now if u knew me well enough u would know that i am the person most famously know for shinning myself in all of geelong...
1) dj'ing
2) at a mates house, about to go for a ride, on my mates bike, foot slippes off after a little drop or something like that, 2 fat chunks of shin out of my leg so deep we were able to tap my shin bone. that was about 2 months ago, and that wound still hasnt healed due to me ripping it open while it was healin......6 times, i did it today aswell....now its farked...

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dunno wat ur worried about trev, ur pedals pins r so rounded they would massage ur shins, not chop them :p :lol:

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
But damn it feels good when you shmack the pedal into your shinguard and realise how much it woulda hurt otherwise. It almost feels as good as shining yourself slippery.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
bassmonkey said:
But damn it feels good when you shmack the pedal into your shinguard and realise how much it woulda hurt otherwise. It almost feels as good as shining yourself slippery.
hahah thats so true

green_chairs

Likes Dirt
what happens though when your foot slipps off the frint on you shin yourself between the straps? That can leave an interesting scar

rozza

Likes Bikes
haha i used to get them all the time just riding on the streets not actually doing DH runs or anything, once at the local 4x track i hit a jump & landed straight shin to pedal, ripped teh hell out of my shinnies thank got for pads :D, lol now the fabric is all ripped :(

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I've never really ripped the fuck out my shin like I have seen my mates do, but I have almost past out after doing it. Not from the blood or anythang :) cause there was fuck all. But from the huge impact ie. as hard as you can possibly imagine hitting your shin on the pedal.

All I ended up with was two little holes and a quezzy feeling. Now I were shinnys allot. But still not all the time.

I did it doing a side hop drop with all my weight on one pedal bringing it round to my shin after 1 foot slipped.