shiTmano product (deaurailors)

i was riding at castlemaine doing nuthing and i came home, next day i go out and every gear is clunking on me, you know how your deaurailor is supposed to sit horizontal when in gear? mine sits vertical, the part where it says shitmano deore xt, even the part where two rollers at the bottom of the dearalor are sitting vertical, so i got a vertical deaurailor, the spring in it seems to be pised off cos it doesn't move much, any suggestions? this happened to anyone? i've tried kicking it, didn't work...

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Just buy a new one, they're cheap at the moment anyway.

You might have trouble finding a normal shifting XT one though, may have to downgrade to LX.

see i dont no if it is the spring or not because it was fine when i last rode it and i havent(couldn't) do anything up there that could wreck it so i might have just knocked it and it came out of plave, but im not sure, new deaurailor might be the go for now, have to see money wise how im goign though though

LordNikon

Uber Geek
The other option you have is to take it in to your lbs and ask them if it's screwed or not, they should be able to tell you just by looking at it.

and...

It's a DERAILLEUR by the way.

so thats how you spell it....
my first option was to take it to a lbs but todays a public holiday...no shops are open and i am going to hurstbridge tomorrow, oh well, just have to not pedal

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
How does actually reading the above posts sound?

If you can only offer assistance in the form of spelling maybe you should join an english forum? He has already been corrected. Get over it. I am.

jasco said:
Psycodh said:
you know how your deaurailor is supposed to sit horizontal when in gear?
How does D.E.R.A.I.L.L.E.U.R sound??
sounds good,notice how nobody cares,if you had something to do you wouldn't be picking spelling mistakes, back onto ideas, you get my idea....2f4u, might try, how do you take the lower half of the DEAURAILOR!! off? the two wheels part

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gettin the cage and jockey wheels off

to get the cage and jockey wheels off the derailleur body there is a screw near where the cage connects to the body on the underside, it is recessed a fair bit into the derailleur. just don't forget to wind the spring up when you are putting the cage back on.

hope this helps, john.

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey,
I would get shimano ova um...sram....all my friends have being snapping srams all ova da place......at least shimano can stay together...the sram X.O. is good but quite a rip off... 8)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
is it just over extended past the stopper bit? try grabbing the cage and pulling it back into the position its meant to be in

Re: gettin the cage and jockey wheels off

Grover said:
to get the cage and jockey wheels off the derailleur body there is a screw near where the cage connects to the body on the underside, it is recessed a fair bit into the derailleur. just don't forget to wind the spring up when you are putting the cage back on.

hope this helps, john.
thats the one, that worked, thanks, its just that the bit that itsits in...its grinded out so its got no grip left, ill get a new lower half

wats p-tension? i wish bike parts were unbreakable....titanium bike .... PING... hey daver can you pm me bout your rear derailor, cheers,

Konaman

Likes Dirt
DH_MTB said:
hey,
I would get shimano ova um...sram....all my friends have being snapping srams all ova da place......at least shimano can stay together...the sram X.O. is good but quite a rip off... 8)
Sram seems to be getting more popular and the people ive been talking to have said they are higher quality then shimano products, if your derailers are actually breaking not just shifting poorly i think you will find that no matter what derailer it is if you bang them on a rock or miss a hop or somthing it doesnt matter what derailer it is theres a good chance itll break.