shmitys bike

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt

thats my ride, cept im running xt brakes and some new bigger rubber. The frames going soon for a new red fire truck, i mean a norco team race.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the new manitou 6 way rear shocks? are they any smaller than the 5th elements (which wont fit in the vps frames).

Adi

It's my birthday!
Yea I think I have seen those shocks Shmity, if you buy AMB, there is a pic of it in there.

"Manitou's much awaited rear shocks with the same technology as 5th Element is starting to find its way into Australia. With all the amazing controll of the 5th Element, Manitou add sag control to the dials which oyu can twiddle.... Stay tuned for in-depth testing in coming issues" - AMB

I dont know about the size of them, looks all the same to me.

That probably didn't help... o well

Nice bike by the way!!

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the shocks are the same, they just count the preload collar as another adjustment and call it sag adjustment instead of preload...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a slight difference in the actually size actually. Ie 5th element dont' fit in a DH9 yet, the swinger does :)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i like that stinky but why r u gonna get a vps frame?
im thinking of keeping mine but upgrading a few of the parts then buyung a trailstar frame to put it alll on

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh sweet, we'll ill have to see how the stock fox shock goes with the bh valving on it then make a decision.
Chewy, it was time for a change, i still rate the stinky up there, but the amount of brake jack i get from it sucks the big A, plus i picked up a ripper deal on the norco frame. Ill probably end up rebuilding the stinky as a sc trails bike kit since i doubt anyone will buy it off me.

Anyone who is looking for a pair of dc shivers in melbourne, contact shm cycles.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
were u using it for DH, cause i dont even notice much brake jack freeriding. i could have had someone to buy that frame but he just hooked one up the other day

S.

ex offender
shmity said:
oh sweet, we'll ill have to see how the stock fox shock goes with the bh valving on it then make a decision.
Chewy, it was time for a change, i still rate the stinky up there, but the amount of brake jack i get from it sucks the big A, plus i picked up a ripper deal on the norco frame. Ill probably end up rebuilding the stinky as a sc trails bike kit since i doubt anyone will buy it off me.

Anyone who is looking for a pair of dc shivers in melbourne, contact shm cycles.
You bought Pete Hutchi's bike?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah man, i bought a brand spanking new 03 team race frame....mmmm red. And since i had my boxxers already they guys kindly took the forks off the frame and theyre selling them seperate, youd have to call them for a price on the forks tho.