Shock Codes - WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Fox DPS and am looking at a upgrading to a DPX2. However, apart from stroke and eye to eye, I have no idea what the tune codes mean and if another shock tune would make it compatible.

For example my DPS tune has:
0.4 spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF.

Other Fox shocks I am looking at have the following:
0.2 Spacer, CM, DRL, Rezi A F M
0.2 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+
0.4 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+
0.4 Spacer, CL, RLA014, Rezi L F M

and then Rockshox has:
Red M, Blue L with unlock, Blue S, Blue 380 with lock

Can anyone explain what I should be looking for and if any of this really matters?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What’s your the 4 letter Tune ID of your current shock?
Code: DH7H
Description: 2018 Performance Series FLOAT TRUNNION
2018, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos, Trunnion Evol LV, Cube, Stereo 140, 185, 52.5, 0.4 Spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF, PMS-313/PMS-CoolGray11 Logo

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You have a tendency to be introspective and need some space and seclusion in order to pull up your strength. You may avoid the spotlight, and if you do find yourself in a public role, you tend to hide your true self behind that role!

Because your will is directed inwards, you need to find a path for yourself that allows you to "get away from it all" at least some of the time. Honor your need to be alone with yourself, but avoid over-identifying with your inner world to the point that you truly feel alone in a crowd.

You shine when you serve others in some way. Your compassion sets you apart from others, but try to work with it rather than let your compassion work against you by reinforcing your own sense of loneliness.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So it’s a performance series shock
A - anodised
3 position
Trunnions mount
Evol low volume can
German bike
Size
0.4 for the volume reduction
Compression is medium
Rebound is medium
Climb mode is firm
Pms ?
Awesome grey logos.

frenchman

You won’t be able to get an identical tune off an aftermarket shock I think. So just go for another fox one that has at the medium compression and rebound tune. If you can be arsed then send it to nsdynamics or somewhere similar and get it properly tuned.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
You have a tendency to be introspective and need some space and seclusion in order to pull up your strength. You may avoid the spotlight, and if you do find yourself in a public role, you tend to hide your true self behind that role!

Because your will is directed inwards, you need to find a path for yourself that allows you to "get away from it all" at least some of the time. Honor your need to be alone with yourself, but avoid over-identifying with your inner world to the point that you truly feel alone in a crowd.

You shine when you serve others in some way. Your compassion sets you apart from others, but try to work with it rather than let your compassion work against you by reinforcing your own sense of loneliness.
Gemini?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I had a feeling someone would take the question existentially. I even worded it to try and avoid that but no dice.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You won’t be able to get an identical tune off an aftermarket shock I think. So just go for another fox one that has at the medium compression and rebound tune. If you can be arsed then send it to nsdynamics or somewhere similar and get it properly tuned.
So with the 5 I listed above are the 2nd and 3rd medium compression (CM?) and medium rebound(DRM)?

Fox:
0.2 Spacer, CM, DRL, Rezi A F M
0.2 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+
0.4 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+
0.4 Spacer, CL, RLA014, Rezi L F M
Rockshox:
Red M, Blue L with unlock, Blue S, Blue 380 with lock

frenchman

Yep. The spacer difference should just be the volume difference due to the token. D on the tunes means digressive. The L means linear.