Shock pressure during inactivity

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As I'm not going to be riding my bikes for the next few months (possibly 6 - 9 in total) what's the view on the best way to look after the shocks and forks during this time?

Leave them fully pressured up?
Deflate them entirely, or part way?
Just sit on them and give them a bounce from time to time?

It'll be a while before I can cycle them through even 50% of their travel at normal pressure.

I'd imagine that the seals will hate limited activity for such a long time, and the last thing I want to do is service two X2 shocks, a Lyrik and a Pike as soon as I get back to fitness.

Any thoughts or previous experiences among you to share?

Thanks!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
As I'm not going to be riding my bikes for the next few months (possibly 6 - 9 in total) what's the view on the best way to look after the shocks and forks during this time?

Leave them fully pressured up?
Deflate them entirely, or part way?
Just sit on them and give them a bounce from time to time?

It'll be a while before I can cycle them through even 50% of their travel at normal pressure.

I'd imagine that the seals will hate limited activity for such a long time, and the last thing I want to do is service two X2 shocks, a Lyrik and a Pike as soon as I get back to fitness.

Any thoughts or previous experiences among you to share?

Thanks!
Store em upside down so they stay nice and lubey. she’ll be right

Stumpy13

Likes Bikes
Give them to me and I’ll ride them for you so you won’t have to worry about inactivity! I might have to chop the seat tube so my stumpy legs will reach your pedals though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk