Shock servicing/repair?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My rear shock has decided that it doesn't want as much oil in it so has leaked and now acts more like a pogo stick as the damping seems to have gone. It is a Fox Float RP23 that has served me fine. I'd like to get it fixed if possible rather than replace. I found nsdynamics. Are there others?

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think "super easy" is a relative term Link. Wish that thread still had the pictures!

dunndog

Eats Squid
My rear shock has decided that it doesn't want as much oil in it so has leaked and now acts more like a pogo stick as the damping seems to have gone. It is a Fox Float RP23 that has served me fine. I'd like to get it fixed if possible rather than replace. I found nsdynamics. Are there others?
You have found correctly. You won't get better than NS Dynamics.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I think "super easy" is a relative term Link. Wish that thread still had the pictures!

ok. but it's about 45 minutes work assuming nothing is damaged and it's just failed orings.

as soon as I've dealt with my health issues, I'm opening my suspension shop formally.

I've emailed marpilli asking him to fix the images. all his google drive images are offline.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
ok. but it's about 45 minutes work assuming nothing is damaged and it's just failed orings.

as soon as I've dealt with my health issues, I'm opening my suspension shop formally.

I've emailed marpilli asking him to fix the images. all his google drive images are offline.
You opening a suspension shop? Sweet - you've got a customer in me.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get well soon Link. Let me know if you start selling kits than come from Melbourne rather than Israel....

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You have found correctly. You won't get better than NS Dynamics.
Can second that. If you aren't gonna do it yourself then send it to NS. If you send it off on a Monday they'll usually have it back to you be the Friday.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Get well soon Link. Let me know if you start selling kits than come from Melbourne rather than Israel....
What kits are of interest? Everything I touch I'm measuring and calculating orings so I don't have to rely on service kits. Plus there is a lot published online by like minded users if your google-fu is on your side

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Mountain bike suspension center in Sydney.
https://www.mtbsuspension.com.au/

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Second this, especially if you're in Sydney.

Don't get me wrong, NS Dynamics are great, and if I lived in QLD I'd be using them, but having a closer service centre is handy. Simon who jointly owns MTB Suspension Centre is ex-Fox, so knows his stuff. I've had 4 shocks done in the last 6 months and all have been turned around super quickly.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Don't get me wrong, NS Dynamics are great, and if I lived in QLD I'd be using them, but having a closer service centre is handy. Simon who jointly owns MTB Suspension Centre is ex-Fox, so knows his stuff. I've had 4 shocks done in the last 6 months and all have been turned around super quickly.
You mean ex Sola Sport AKA worst service centre in Australia.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid

I live in Vic, the fact that NSD are in Qld is irrelevant. If they were closer or further away, I wouldn't be going there personally anyway, and free return express postage with a regular turn around time of 48 hrs would leave many in the dust anyway.
Not that I'm knocking Simon...