ShockWiz - Automated Suspension Tuning

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting replacement parts sent out for my shockwiz. Since the air valves at least look the same as the Monarch air valve, i'm getting a spare of these just in case it breaks again, then it'll just be a normal shockwiz.

rigidriot

Cannon Fodder
Essendon cyclery hiring them out helped dial my trance in nice

Just handed back the pair of shock wiz from essendon cyclery in melbourne. Bought a giant trance and they lent them to us for the week for free (with the trance purchase) but i belive you can hire them for $100 for the pair for a week (2 weekends) for back to back testing.

Rossm

Likes Bikes
Sounds like you've got a Fit 4 Damper, you can only tune it in open, since you can only change LSC in open.
Agree - you should only tune it with ShockWiz in fully open - assuming this is the mode you always use for downhill.

Also note that you must not make any changes to suspension during a data gathering session - if you do the recommended tuning changes will not be accurate. Finish the session, make recommended changes, start a new ShockWiz session & go for another loop.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Calibration question.

So I got myself a ShockWiz and trying to calibrate my Lyrics I'm hitting a possible issue. The manual states that after calibration if you have anymore than 3% travel displayed on the completion screen then the marked baseline air pressure needs to be redone.

Im consistently showing 4-5 % travel on the completion screen. Ive recalibrated about 6 time so far and consistently end up with the same readings.

One thing I noticed is when it asked me to release the air pressure it didn't display zero. it still read 1-2 psi.

So Im thinking with the forks being one ride old they are a bit sticky and just need to ride them in.

has anyone got any ideas?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Release all air pressure, 0-2psi is fine. Then at full compression is probably 4-5psi? Don't release the air pressure with the shock compressed, had a few people so that.

Showing travel 4-5% is possibly ok. Could be a negative air spring small leak though (especially if the fork feel rough and not plush to compress)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Release all air pressure, 0-2psi is fine. Then at full compression is probably 4-5psi? Don't release the air pressure with the shock compressed, had a few people so that.

Showing travel 4-5% is possibly ok. Could be a negative air spring small leak though (especially if the fork feel rough and not plush to compress)
Cheers for that. I'm thinking being it's a new fork it's just stiff. Pulling it out to full extension took a lot of effort.
I gave it another few tries and got it to 3psi. I think I just wasn't yanking on it hard enough to show the app it's full extension.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Anyone have any further good results with these?

I've had my new bike for a bit with Lyric and RS Super Deluxe...

Pretty sure I'm not getting the most out of bike...

I'm Melbourne based for those that might know someone or a particular shop that does a decent deal on renting.