Short travel dual suspension frames for the modern huckwit

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Ultra Lord - ticket s was on my short list (3 friends have one) but I've been advised they aren't brought here anymore. Same with the transition triple (new version of the double) but it has the same fault (in my mind) as the NS soda - chain stay pivots on the bb. This makes for a chattery ride like any single pivot.

@Oddjob I do agree about the value that thing offers. It's been my go to recommendation to anyone wanting to buy a bike for a teenager for a while now. Depending how things play out I may grab one. It would require some make over magic though.

...and of course I've now been offered a secure parking space in the nearby secure area for bike riders at my employer. Hmmmmmmmmm.

@goobags I'd wager I would fit a large, being over 180cm. I'm also about 95kg...are these things able to resist that kind of downward pressure?
@Ultra Lord - .

@goobags I'd wager I would fit a large, being over 180cm. I'm also about 95kg...are these things able to resist that kind of downward pressure?
A large spitty will be a bit bigger than your nomad. I'd have thought smaller would be better for your intended purpose.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
^do it!

You’d want to downsize the banshee trance if thats what you decide on.

The scouts have a really nice platform to jump off though........

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

As a jump bike though? I dunno. 140mm is gettin abit long in the toofs for skate park work. 120 is gettin there too :/

Completely forgot the bolt! Get that poods

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
5010, my wife is a wrecker and she hasnt damaged it yet.
Frame quality is good esp w grease nipples .

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm not going to even think about how any of these fine bikes are going to be there when the Poods returns from baristaing.

Needs to come with a handlebar mounted hungry pit bull.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I'm not going to even think about how any of these fine bikes are going to be there when the Poods returns from baristaing.

Needs to come with a handlebar mounted hungry pit bull.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Poodle needs a shitter bike to get to work and back.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
depending on the cafe/venue, you could just hang the bike on the wall whilst you're working. customers will just assume its part of the decor

Ultra Lord

If I walked into a bar and a commencal absolute SX in raw was hanging on the wall, I’d drink there until they kicked me out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Straight to the short list! 150x12 rear end...now that is a standard I can get behind!

Poodle needs a shitter bike to get to work and back.
No he doesn't. Gassers will steal a shitter if they can. The afternoon mine was stolen a few others were taken from the near by library, none of them were special and all required a similar effort to thieve. Rationality doesn't really have much of a role in that realm.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You need a Hope HB160. There is one at Pushys in Canberra and there is a puddle of drool on the floor next to it....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What size wheels?
NS Soda or the DMR Sled
32 inch muddies! Sled is a bit more than I'm after, but I don't mind the bolt. However it and the soda have the unloved by me rotating on the bb shell chain stay.

I find single pivot bikes to ride a bit rough for my delicate frame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A large spitty will be a bit bigger than your nomad. I'd have thought smaller would be better for your intended purpose.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Are you talking cockpit or stays with this? I don't mind if the cockpit is a little longer. The stays though...the long rear end was something about my NS that shit me. Get the bike off the ground and go for a whip only to discover the back wheel is a lot further behind than expected!