Short travel dual suspension frames for the modern huckwit

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ah fuck I was hoping an email to commencal could’ve got one sent :(

What bloody good is consumer direct if you can’t buy all the models. Wankers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That link will a problem. I'll chase up a look. Is he full custom or just boutique? Because for that kind of money...

Those owning the Spitfire or who have owned one, is it a long bike? I like me some short snappy (oooooohhhhh bad karma?) stays. I'm happy with a roomy cockpit as I've more torso than I deserve.

jenk0s

Likes Dirt
You need a Hope HB160. There is one at Pushys in Canberra and there is a puddle of drool on the floor next to it....
They sure are a nice bike, but if I’m honest it wasn’t THAT fantastic, it had heaps of pedal kickback... pretty snappy for its’ travel though

goobags

Likes Dirt
That link will a problem. I'll chase up a look. Is he full custom or just boutique? Because for that kind of money...

Those owning the Spitfire or who have owned one, is it a long bike? I like me some short snappy (oooooohhhhh bad karma?) stays. I'm happy with a roomy cockpit as I've more torso than I deserve.
I usually ride a medium and I’m on a large spitty... it is a smidge longer than the others but the medium would have been too small. But really you will need to look at geometry numbers and work it out compared to what you used to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKMad

Likes Dirt
An Intense spider might be worth a look.
The good:
Short stays 419mm
Long reach 467
Progressive suspension
Easy to throw around

The bad:
Expensive
Shit internal cable routing
Boost rear
Press fit B.B.
Rear is a little flexible

I own one and really like it despite the issues described above. It is really easy to pop off everything on the trail. The suspension isn’t overly plush due to the progressiveness but works really well on bigger hits and there is no wasted energy in it bobbing when accelerating. I’d recommend trying one before buying to see if you can cope with the slight flex in the rear.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That thing looks tank! My pimp powers would sky-rocket.

@BKMad spider isn't on my short list. I looked at the whole intense range the other night and they're a sexy range of bikes, but I have an intense. I think I want a different brand just because.

safreek

Soo, wots going on in huckwit land, any progress. Should look at something a bit older, say a Karpiel or the like

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Too bland for @pink poodle

Even though it’s the perfect bike for him........ 4x styled trail bike that’s built solid.

And not too long (same reach as a RB trance)