Short travel dual suspension frames for the modern huckwit

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
This thread got a bit derailed and at the risk of making it less amusing, what are everyone's thoughts on Evil's the following 120mm thing?
I've got the upgrade itch and was thinking about getting the new Primer mullet thing but it seems it's a lot of hype about nothing according to the latest Pink Bike review and it's probably too much bike for me anyway given my limitations.
MTB Direct have a Following frame on sale too....
I rode the V1 Following for 2 years, it was great bike. 120mm rear and 130mm Fox 34, they definitely feel like a bigger bike than they are, especially when you flip the from HI to LO (V2 is LO to X-LO), not recommended if you ride trails with large boulders though as you will get decent pedal strikes. I destroyed 2 x Time ATAC pedals in Derby with numerous hard strikes over the 11 days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle

What did you end up getting?
PYR to come. One day...one year...eventually.

I don't like evil bikes. Their suspension system looks like a hyper complicated shit storm designed to bamboozle and dazzle buyers, but it is still just a linear arc single pivot wheel motion. Enjoy your wheel hook! Also that doesn't read like a huck bike...

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
This thread got a bit derailed and at the risk of making it less amusing, what are everyone's thoughts on Evil's the following 120mm thing?
I've got the upgrade itch and was thinking about getting the new Primer mullet thing but it seems it's a lot of hype about nothing according to the latest Pink Bike review and it's probably too much bike for me anyway given my limitations.
MTB Direct have a Following frame on sale too....
I've got a nice Kona Process 111 frame with a new Factory DPX2 I'm about to sell for less than a grand. I've owned an Evil The Following (twice in fact) and I rate the Kona Process 111 a better all round bike. PM me if interested.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a nice Kona Process 111 frame with a new Factory DPX2 I'm about to sell for less than a grand. I've owned an Evil The Following (twice in fact) and I rate the Kona Process 111 a better all round bike. PM me if interested.
Muz strikes again with an awesome ride. Please let me know when you post it for sale if it lasts that way I can assess my finances

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too big for me unfortunately.
I've asked YV Cycles about the new Norco Optic but they haven't got back to me about availability and a demo yet. I don't really like the purple but they seem to be a good thing, will be interested to see if they pedal well.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
looks sick in purple, great ad too -the norco one not the Fb guy, really like it..of course it’s going to be similar to his enduro bike, what did he think..it’s an xc racer?
optic 2020

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That, and the new Santa Cruz Tallboy are such great looking bikes
Don't know if I can do a Santa Cruz, they just don't do it for me.
Ripley also looks good but the price is just mental for the current iteration

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too big for me unfortunately.
I've asked YV Cycles about the new Norco Optic but they haven't got back to me about availability and a demo yet. I don't really like the purple but they seem to be a good thing, will be interested to see if they pedal well.
I saw the guy on FB was saying new stock was due in Feb.. Have you heard anything from YV? 99 bikes just say pre-order. I am pretty interested as I destroyed my spider 29 rear triangle..

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I saw the guy on FB was saying new stock was due in Feb.. Have you heard anything from YV? 99 bikes just say pre-order. I am pretty interested as I destroyed my spider 29 rear triangle..
apparently a handful got bought in early, rest of stock u have to wait for

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah never rang me back, I'll give them another buzz today and find out what the story is. The problem I now have is that I've pretty much sold my current 29er and I'm going to NZ over Christmas and need to get something to replace it.