Shorts - The struggle is real

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
These looked alright until I noticed no normal front pockets!
Ahhh aha I’m the opposite, I hate front pockets on bike shorts, they just add bulk and make pedalling uncomfortable. I won’t buy shorts if they don’t have a thigh pocket behind the side seam that’ll fit my phone. On my long riding pants I cut the pockets out so I can just reach through and use the thigh pockets on my bib shorts underneath.

I feel your pain though, so hard to find something that ticks all the boxes.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In my case I just sewed some mesh pockets onto a pair of light summer weight bibs I don’t wear on the roadie any more, but this is the idea: https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/pearl-izumi-cargo-bib-shorts-liner

Not having your phone/multi tool/car key flapping about in your pockets annoying the shit out of you is great.
I have 2 friends that have the Nukeproof storage bibs. Back pockets the same as a lycra jersey and side pockets on both sides.

Looks a great idea but I have a shitload of bibs that I dont use already.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I’m not sure we can remain friends.
@Ezkaton, my alpine stars are longer than most...even given my little pins. Can’t recall model ATM
Off the top of my head we have Drop 4, Drop 6 and Rovers at work... Maybe I'll have a look at them on Monday.

I don't like them in images I've seen but never actually pulled one out of the bag... :rolleyes:

slowmick

38-39"
@Ezkaton The current supertankers are a well made short. They made them more of a trim fit than the previous version, so you should be able to wear them with a liner, but probably not with armour shorts underneath. you might have to size up if you want to do that. they do still have belt loops AFAIK.
**if you want some close-up pics of the supertankers, message me. I have the XL size ones.

Troy lee Ruckus are good. one front zip pocket, and a weird change/stash pocket(??) on the rear waist band. I think I have the size 38 from a couple of years ago (urban camo pattern)

The juggernaughts are a longer cut than the supertankers. I have had all of the versions of supertanker including the cotton/denim ones with the polar fleece pad. I switched to them after I wore through the butt of the current supertankers. They are a great pair of shorts all year around which means they probably aren't going to last 8 years of regular riding (cool/light/tough - pick 2). I did most of my 2 weeks in NZ in one pair of juggernaughts with a heaps of different liners (they are in every photo i have).

slowmick

38-39"
Anyone here wear these? They migh fit the bill.

T-Rex

Template denier
DHaRCO are great shorts. But they are sized to fit skinny Instagram kids.
Yeah.... nah. They fit me just fine. Not too many ppl would describe ok’ T-Rex as Instagram material .... maybe Ray Charles.

indica

Serial flasher
So! I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for black shorts, primarily for bike use obviously but with casual functionality.
I have some hiking pants with zip off legs bought from Kathmandu. Work really well for riding.
Not cycloing shorts though