Should I bin this carbon bar?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I haven't owned any longer travel Maestro bikes but in the 100-125mm range I find them hard to go past. Best suspension system by far IMHO for XC. Plush, pedals well and no harsh bottom out.

But back to the handlebar...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I haven't owned any longer travel Maestro bikes but in the 100-125mm range I find them hard to go past. Best suspension system by far IMHO for XC. Plush, pedals well and no harsh bottom out.

But back to the handlebar...
Didn't DW have an issue with Maestro? Just sayin'.....

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Giant probably ripped DW off but what's that got to do with how it actually performs? DW-like suspension is on plenty of bikes (eg. Banshee, Santa Cruz etc.).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Giant probably ripped DW off but what's that got to do with how it actually performs? DW-like suspension is on plenty of bikes (eg. Banshee, Santa Cruz etc.).
Ahhhhh...neither of the brands you mention use the dw links. Santa Cruz were running the vpp system long before maestro or dw hit the streets. The first brand I can remember running with dw was iron horse, followed closely by pivot. The only other I can think of is Turner. There may be others? The Banshee guys have their own spin, name escapes me though.

I am fairly certain this style was birthed by the Canfield Bros. But am certainly prepared to be wrong here. I'm also fairly certain that giant launched maestro before dw link was a thing. This could all be a bit like stratos vs specialized?

I am eagerly awaiting the launch of suspension handle bars! Riding that topic a line hard...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhhhh...neither of the brands you mention use the dw links. Santa Cruz were running the vpp system long before maestro or dw hit the streets. The first brand I can remember running with dw was iron horse, followed closely by pivot. The only other I can think of is Turner. There may be others? The Banshee guys have their own spin, name escapes me though.

I am fairly certain this style was birthed by the Canfield Bros. But am certainly prepared to be wrong here. I'm also fairly certain that giant launched maestro before dw link was a thing. This could all be a bit like stratos vs specialized?

I am eagerly awaiting the launch of suspension handle bars! Riding that topic a line hard...
You forgot Ibis!

Still waiting to see if Canfield can rise from the grave. I loved the CBF suspension on my Riot but no news for 2 years doesn't bode well for the brothers

Haakon

Keeps on digging
If a thread ever stayed on topic, I’d be immediately checking to make sure I was still on the right forum...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’m running the OE alloy bars again. I’m thinking I’ll try the Spank Vibrocore bars next time I put a wiggle order in.

If I ever find myself in the company of a legit carbon repairer, I’ll enquire. Were it not for all the stories etc I’d have simply thought “meh, just a scratch in the lacquer” and kept riding. But...

Have replaced the helmet too with the bright orange one so I’ll be easier to spot by the medivac chopper pilots next time.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
As for Maestro - from what I’ve read and experienced and learnt about kinematics/anti bob/anti dive/instant centre/centre of curvature etc etc... is that the shock type/tune/set up probably has more bearing on ride characteristics than the linkage type.

Af least, a good shock can make a terrible design behave well and vice versa.

And - inherent characteristics are also personal preferences to some extent.

I like my Trance, it’s a much better bike than I am a rider - it’s sure as shit not holding me back! It won’t be my last bike though. Something more boutique next just for something different. Or a Canyon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As for Maestro - from what I’ve read and experienced and learnt about kinematics/anti bob/anti dive/instant centre/centre of curvature etc etc... is that the shock type/tune/set up probably has more bearing on ride characteristics than the linkage type.

Af least, a good shock can make a terrible design behave well and vice versa.

And - inherent characteristics are also personal preferences to some extent.

I like my Trance, it’s a much better bike than I am a rider - it’s sure as shit not holding me back! It won’t be my last bike though. Something more boutique next just for something different. Or a Canyon.
The older models with the Evol air can didn't pedal too well up hills if you didn't run the right tune & settings for your weight.