Show us your home working setup

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Man some of you guys have questionable ergo. Not sure how your necks are normal (maybe crashing mtb too much?)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
How so? I’ve never really had to ergonise myself. What’s the main issue you see?
Mainly screens way too low. Laptops aren't great for long periods of use. And also screens up against bright windows super glary. But hey maybe I'm just fussy lol.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mainly screens way too low. Laptops aren't great for long periods of use. And also screens up against bright windows super glary. But hey maybe I'm just fussy lol.
I think that is the trap with big monitors. The huge screen real estate looks great and it very useful for big documents and graphic design and all. You do end up having to move your head and eyeballs a lot more to take in this greatness. I've kept the smaller one and just flip screens in and out to view things. So far, so good......

But,................. Mrs 32" BenQ PD3200U monitor is pretty damn good.........Hmmm...............

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The huge screen real estate looks great and it very useful for big documents and graphic design and al
I had 3*24 for ages, when one died i replaced it with a 34" wide for the centre. I find it so much better having 2 windows slightly off centre for coding and testing than one centre screen and flicking to sides. When the second 24 died I replaced both sides with 27s which again are perfect for keeping mail/support systems on one side, and spreadsheets or documents on the other. Terminal session on the 27's do look a bit weird, but mainly in contrast to the smaller size of 1/2 the 34. Also went for 17" laptop for the screen space and number pad. a surface pro was nice to carry and ok to tinker, but not good when you need a full day of working on it.

I may go a bit overboard after my last company was so stingy on equipment a client bought me a new laptop and my company refused to install software on it. I pay for all my own kit now bit its so much nicer to work on

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I've been running 3 x 24 monitors at work, great for spreading big arse spreadsheets over two screens and still having other documents and emails up on the third.

The home system is ok though - the 27 iMac is glorious and being such a high res and clear display i can have stuff small and further use the space (more so than the shitty HP windows things at work). My second one at home is an old Dell 24 i still had in the shed - when i bought it 14 years ago for a mac mini it was expensive and pretty damn nice. Looks fuzzy as shit now next to the 5K iMac screen!! Just need to nick a ream of printer paper from work to sit it up on :)

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Yep i'm with you on the importance of good posture, have had neck/shoulder issues for years.
Home made blind cuts out the morning glare :D
I'm not a fan of these glass HP monitors I have a the moment, too much glare comes off the screen. Although the reflection makes for perfect rear view mirror at work when the boss walks up behind you and you quickly minimize the internet window haha

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm not a fan of these glass HP monitors I have a the moment, too much glare comes off the screen.
I went into work to grab my matte low glare screen. My home office study setup is completely at odds with the way the room is meant to be configured. Desk facing the wrong way and cables going across the room. I figured lockdown was gonna be for a while so better to make it functional than look nice.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Agreed, the clarity of the newer monitors is definitely a cut above the older ones.

Mrs even asks to wind down the 4k resolution because it is too small for editing some of her scanned works. My monitor is still using a SVGA input for my day to day so am limited there before anything else. My USB dock only has 1 x SVGA and 1 x DVI which is plugged into another tower behind the desk. I run a few VM's on my laptop but they are all headless apart from one that I use to control the rest so hasn't been a problem.

Like riding unfashionable wheel sized bikes, you get used to it and don't realise what you are missing out on until you taste the secret sauce :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'm not a fan of these glass HP monitors I have a the moment, too much glare comes off the screen. Although the reflection makes for perfect rear view mirror at work when the boss walks up behind you and you quickly minimize the internet window haha
Not noticed any glare problems with the iMac - its a glass screen. Sure you can see reflections, but cant say i have really ever noticed it... If you do have a bright light or window in the wrong spot i can see how it could be a problem though. The crispness of the image is damn nice though, and easy on the eyes.