Shuttles

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
I was planning on doing a trip with my boys to do some shuttle days at Mystic in Bright but now that they will be $100 a day I'm looking for some alternatives.

From my one time at Mystic I liked the short wait times and easy access to the car, I'd self shuttle but this is a treat for myself and the boys plus we don't get to get out much so asking the missus to shuttle us with the my Daughter sitting with her for 6 hours is a bit much, so liking the look of shuttles.

Other ones I'm aware of;
  • Maldon - only very occasionally happens
  • Youies - Only occasionally
  • Buller and / or Falls creek not open, but are they a similar experience?
  • Elsewhere ???
I'm in central Victoria (Bendigo)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Falls is awesome, in my opinion better than bright and worth the extra travel.

Bulla I was less impressed with, some cool stuff no doubt, but not at the same standard as falls for gravity runs and not at the same standard as lake mountain for the epic.

Lake mountain is a ripper day out if you can hack it, I find the descents well worth the climbing effort.

Narbethong still do shuttles sometimes I think?

Is there shuttles at mt beauty too?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lake mountain is a ripper day out if you can hack it, I find the descents well worth the climbing effort.
Fun bonus with Lake Mountain is if you CBF with the mountain of climbing and XC for the first 2/3rds you can ask to be dropped off at the "bus stop" (I think) by the shuttle service. Dumps you basically at the start of all the super fun descendy stuff and because it takes way less time to get down you can get more shuttles in if you book a multi-pass.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
CBF with the mountain of climbing
Correct :) That sounds more like it - I'd like to give the full run a shot one day but not with the boys - Will also have to give the Bulla Epic trail another go when it's not -5 and blowing a gale but more importantly drop a few kg as well - fun story I got to work this morning and the shirt I packed would not do up without stressing the button beyond specification. Had to do a mercy run to Target.