Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
20 questions....
Do you have a closer shot of the headtube?
How does the welding look?
What's the tyre clearance that they stated and how much room doors it look like is there?
Is that one of their headsets? How's the quality look?
How's the paint finish?
Internal routing for the dropper? External everything else?
How do the cable tabs look?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
20 questions....
Do you have a closer shot of the headtube?
How does the welding look?
What's the tyre clearance that they stated and how much room doors it look like is there?
Is that one of their headsets? How's the quality look?
How's the paint finish?
Internal routing for the dropper? External everything else?
How do the cable tabs look?
Photos of the sick branding on the head tube and under the bottom bracket.

Internal dropper routing on the seat tube similar to banshee. Everything else is external. No bosses for a water bottle.

Paint work looks pretty decent but maybe a little thin.

Welds are not Nicolai quality but seem like they'll do the job.

Tonnes of clearance. I have a 29 X 2.5 agressor and looks like there would be room for a 2.8 if they existed. Dunno about stated clearance as I struggled to find much info on this frame.

Headset looks like it will do the job. Pretty colours. Sealed bearings. Came with two crown races if I wanted to run a straight steerer fork instead of tapered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of an update on the replacement frame.

Marino is making me a custom frame as he doesn't have stock of the deathwish I want.

Got him to base the geometry on a pole machine. 160mm single pivot frame.

I'm pretty stoked and can't wait for it to arrive. Getting it with a topaz which is he giving me a great deal on.

Here's the geometry

wkkie

That's nice. Same colorway that's in the photo? That's long out back! Will be interesting.

How tall are you?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's nice. Same colorway that's in the photo? That's long out back! Will be interesting.

How tall are you?
I guess longs stays are to accommodate the additional travel.

I am 185cm tall.

I changed my mind a little in the colourway but will have green Marino decals

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You've got to respect the extra love they're giving you. And that long chainstay measurement is appealing.

I'm certainly keen to hear how this rides.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You've got to respect the extra love they're giving you. And that long chainstay measurement is appealing.

I'm certainly keen to hear how this rides.
Yeah the customer service has been exceptional.

It really deserves its own thread for anybody considering ordering from Marino. Would highly recommend based on my experience so far. He seems really proud of his work and owns his mistakes, going out of his way to make them right. I'll be proudly displaying the Marino name on my frame and not doing it the justice it deserves.

Topaz is usually listed at $500usd and he is giving it to me for $350us with the custom replacement frame.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Re: alignment issues... it’s surprisingly common and a cold press with some 2x4s also seems to be a standard requirement.
That said. Pretty generous forking out a replacement.

wkkie

Nice choice with the black and green, but I do have a slight bias... :D

Time to start up a Marino page too... Had an update on mine as well. It's exciting times!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice choice with the black and green, but I do have a slight bias... :D

Time to start up a Marino page too... Had an update on mine as well. It's exciting times!
Shit yeah! What are you getting made? Dual suspension or hardtail? Did you base your custom geometry on something specific or just personal preference? Did you see his story on Facebook about a new style of frame coming soon? Seemed to have two cnc'd linkage pieces.