Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

clockworked

Like an orange
sorry to Hijack your thread Drizzle

We ( the polygamist crew) did several frames, direct from The Peruvian ... some 29” HTs, some 29” Duallies, a 27.5” with the same numbers as the 29” DS ... and a DH bike lol.

Think of it as a Peruvian Pole with Aussie characteristics with some Irish influences. We’ve had ours for several months so definitely have a good understanding of what’s what.

As a bit off buyer beware. $550++ was pretty good for what we wanted. But be very clear what you want and if you are looking for true modern XL long and slack ... confirm tube lengths and see if you will get what you want. You may want to ask in several different ways so you can cross check the answers.

We then basically did this at the last Taiwan show ...

Video is pretty close to reality...

So @wkkie yep the dream is to create something that is our own, but we are a little distracted with several other priorities right now ... but slowly slowly.

Sorry again with the thread spam @the drizzle ... hopefully around your way in Aug ... be good to meet and greet. I wanna try 62deg just to validate:p
How is the lateral flex on the full suspension frames? I was considering getting Marino to replicate a more common brand's single pivot downhill bike design but thought the steel stays and small pivot might be a bit noodly

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How is the lateral flex on the full suspension frames? I was considering getting Marino to replicate a more common brand's single pivot downhill bike design but thought the steel stays and small pivot might be a bit noodly
I'll let you know in 3-5 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Bang on mate ... flex has been fixable ... tighten here, thicker bolt there, longer shock bushing / hardware is next ... but it needs finessing every so often ... if the tolerances were a little tighter I’d be able to judge if it was the material or single pivot or the build quality ... but it’s a bit of two steps forward 1 back.

That said ... when it’s dialled its pretty rad.

Good test will be when drizzle gets his built

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bang on mate ... flex has been fixable ... tighten here, thicker bolt there, longer shock bushing / hardware is next ... but it needs finessing every so often ... if the tolerances were a little tighter I’d be able to judge if it was the material or single pivot or the build quality ... but it’s a bit of two steps forward 1 back.

That said ... when it’s dialled its pretty rad.

Good test will be when drizzle gets his built
Does your frame have this sort of setup on the pivot?

I'd love to see some photos.

Hope I am around when you come down south.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got some photos off Marino of the freshly painted black frame.

Also grabbed an oil slick headset from him.

I hit up JM graphics about some decals for the frame. I want what is pictured below but in shiny silver.

I also grabbed some duroc 35 29er wheels off cycling deals eBay store, so basically just on the hunt for a cheap, stiff 160mm 29er fork. I like the looks of the X fusion trace 36 but too new for sale pricing. Hopefully a sensibly priced diamond, Lyrik, yari or 36 comes up for grabs over the next few weeks.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Frame looks cool AF.
But are you sure you want to be flying the Sick flag? I know they didn’t screw you around personally but I just couldn’t advertise their name after all the shit they’ve done to people.
On the other hand it is a Sick bicycle co. Bike. It is what it is I guess and no point hiding that.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frame looks cool AF.
But are you sure you want to be flying the Sick flag? I know they didn’t screw you around personally but I just couldn’t advertise their name after all the shit they’ve done to people.
On the other hand it is a Sick bicycle co. Bike. It is what it is I guess and no point hiding that.
Yeah I did think of this.

But it is what it is and I'd prefer some decals than none.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
“Le Drizzle”

You have unlimited opportunities right now, please don’t waste it repping a bunch of cunts.

It’s not a sick bike co, its a Marino. Throw a sick llama on the head tube or something
Completely agree.

Although to be fair, I'm not a massive fan of showing brand logos even if they're not chunts. It's not as if I'm a pro being paid to brand promote.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah I did think of this.

But it is what it is and I'd prefer some decals than none.
I've been eyeing off one of Marino's Wulf frames and wasn't overly concerned that it was going to be displaying Sique branding. Apart from anything else no one will know what Sick is in 6 months time and I can have fun explaining it to people at parties.

Slight thread derailment but has anyone actually had a go on one of those land yachting Sick hardtails (or similar)? They look fun and the reach and wheelbase numbers don't concern me - but does the brontosaurus size add stability and take some of the ping and skip out of the rear end of what is (presumably - given how affordable they are) not the last word in supple steel elasticity?

Anyway, very keen to see this Deathwish built up and a ride report.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
“Le Drizzle”

You have unlimited opportunities right now, please don’t waste it repping a bunch of cunts.

It’s not a sick bike co, its a Marino. Throw a sick llama on the head tube or something
in true Peruvian style, how about a nice plump Cuy with an apple in its mouth