Sick Bicycle Co. Deathwish

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Frame is en-route.

Plus I picked up a fork for it.

It's going to take all of my will power to not buy a new topaz from nsd since they are clearing them out for $500

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Doo eeeet!

The Diamond is my favourite off the shelf fork. The Topaz is a very good match. I actually find the Diamond damper in my Onyx SC is so good it even makes the Float X2 on my Sam feel a bit ordinary. Usually I find forks have trouble keeping up with good shocks (Yari and Fox36 rc2 I'm looking at you!).

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely get the DVO, you'll only kick yourself for not doing it at that price later.

And amend that photo to remove the address..
You never know who's watching.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I pieced the information about this frame together from various sources since reliable info about sick bicycles is scarce.

I originally thought the bike had 155mm of rear travel but after further chats with Marino it turns out that it is 140mm.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that a potential deal breaker? Personally geometry>travel, but 15mm is a decent amount of travel to lose.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that a potential deal breaker? Personally geometry>travel, but 15mm is a decent amount of travel to lose.
Yeah actually i think it might work out better.

Less overlap between bikes. Might increase the travel to 170 on the insurgent and run it in extra low all the time.

Depends on how much of a pig this will be to ride. Stepper seat tube angle, less travel, 29" wheels and air sprung suspension might make for a reasonable trail bike.

Dunno about the head tube angle though...

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually there has been a minor hick up.

There is an issue with my rear triangle contacting the seat tube when the shock is installed.

I received two frames as my mate ordered one too and we split shipping. On the second frame the upper tubes are equally spaced between the seat tube.

On mine the non drive side contacts the frame when the shock is installed.

I thought I might be able to centre the bearings which are held on place by a pinch bolt but I think that it is a misalignment issue.