Sick of the Mods bugging you about your spelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Radministrator
Then point your browser in this direction and download yourself a copy of Mozilla Firefox 2.0

You'll find that the new Firefox, aside from all of the usual Firefox awesomeness, now has a fully functioning built in spell check that works in almost exactly the same way as the spell check in Microsoft Word. Misspelled words will be underlined in red every time you reply to a post and all you need to do to correct them is right-click and select the correct spelling.

Once you've got Firefox 2.0 up and running you'll probably realise pretty quickly that it's default setting is American 'English'. To fix this, you'll want to be clicking this link to download the Australian English dictionary.

There you go, no more excuses for atrocious spelling and grammar and no need for the Admins to patch the forum to install a dodgy spell checker like the much maligned 'Spelling Cow' we once used. Get downloading plebs!

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
When you type something thats spelt wrong it gets underlined in red. Right click an underlined word and options for the correct spelling are listed. Its pretty much the same as the spelling thing from Word.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To do the English-Australia Dictionary, all you have to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced and select "Choose" under Languages and select "English-Australia" in the Languages to add. The link provided in Ryans original post doesn't actually work!

djdom

Likes Dirt
way ahead of you :cool: people should really learn about Firefox, it saves your ass so much, to do with my space and all of its spam bullshit. i don't see how girls can edit photos so well yet enter there passwords and shit into random sites duhh.

Ryan

Radministrator
You are indeed correct Alex, weird though, that link worked for me last night?? I'll put in a link that does work now ;)

The other way to set the language to Australian English is as follows;

1) Right Click in a text box, like the "Reply To Thread" box. It has to be a box you can type in, just clicking on the screen normally won't give you the right options.
2) Scroll down to the "Languages" tab in the menu that appears when you right click.
3) Select "Add Dictionaries" and you'll be taken to the Dictionary resource at Firefox.com, where there are a bunch of different dictionaries to choose from. The one you want is the English (Australian)

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are indeed correct Alex, weird though, that link worked for me last night?? I'll put in a link that does work now ;)

The other way to set the language to Australian English is as follows;

1) Right Click in a text box, like the "Reply To Thread" box. It has to be a box you can type in, just clicking on the screen normally won't give you the right options.
2) Scroll down to the "Languages" tab in the menu that appears when you right click.
3) Select "Add Dictionaries" and you'll be taken to the Dictionary resource at Firefox.com, where there are a bunch of different dictionaries to choose from. The one you want is the English (Australian)
Yeah, probably a bit easier way than mine. All the same I guess, just don't call me Alex :mad: haha

Good thread though, would be better in a spot where more people can see it?

Ryan

Radministrator
I've probably read your name on here 1000 times and it has never once registered in my brain that it actually said "Alec". Lousy human brain and its predictive reading tendencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.