TAS Single pivot dh or freeride frame or bike

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: Single pivot dh or freeride frame or bike size medium or large
Willing to pay: $1700 for complete
Extra info: I am looking for a longer travel bike to complement the frx. Needs to have decent geometry. Something like a craftworks s1,morewood makula, orange patriot, 322 or 224

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
2deg Angleset and a decent shock would do wonders for my old patriot 7+. If you hate it as much as you seem, why chase another patriot or 224 etc?

Lucaw

Next in line
2deg Angleset and a decent shock would do wonders for my old patriot 7+. If you hate it as much as you seem, why chase another patriot or 224 etc?
What, and shorten the tiny reach even more?
I did mean a more modern patriot or 224

moorey

call me Mia
What, and shorten the tiny reach even more?
I did mean a more modern patriot or 224
Good luck finding much in the way of a later patriot in Aus. My 2013 was the last year they were made from memory, and I believe mine is the only one in Aus.
You'll only find 15 and 17” in older 26 DH Oranges, and the 17 is still very short by current standards (much like my 7+)

Lucaw

Next in line
Good luck finding much in the way of a later patriot in Aus. My 2013 was the last year they were made from memory, and I believe mine is the only one in Aus.
You'll only find 15 and 17” in older 26 DH Oranges, and the 17 is still very short by current standards (much like my 7+)
Yeah, ok. I’m open to other brands too, it just depends on what comes up first

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, ok. I’m open to other brands too, it just depends on what comes up first
Measure the TT on the patriot. Centre of HT to centre of ST. A large (17”) 224 or similar era orange is about 565mm for reference. You might find yourself in the same boat.

Lucaw

Next in line
Measure the TT on the patriot. Centre of HT to centre of ST. A large (17”) 224 or similar era orange is about 565mm for reference. You might find yourself in the same boat.
Yeah, the top tube on the patriot is 565mm. There is something else at play though, because the ns’s reach feels longer even though the top tube is 15mm shorter. Head and seat tube angle maybe?
obviously you are trying to stop me from buying the oranges you want

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, the top tube on the patriot is 565mm. There is something else at play though, because the ns’s reach feels longer even though the top tube is 15mm shorter. Head and seat tube angle maybe?
obviously you are trying to stop me from buying the oranges you want
Slack SA will feel longer, but doesn’t effect actual reach. Oranges had much more upright SA than bikes of the era.

Lucaw

Next in line
I have an S1, can get some measurements and better pics if you're interested. Won a couple races in hack class a million years ago, lol.
I might be interested, I’d love to know the geometry and rough price

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Wheel base: 1175mm
HA: 64.5 deg
TT actual: 565mm
TT effective: ~620mm
CS: 460mm
ST angle: 62.0 deg
BB height: 370mm
Bar width: 670mm :eek:

Anything else let me know.

Last edited:

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Coves back end was a flex fest... Pretty though, and not as bad as an uzzis rear.. you could swingarm n hit the seat tube without much issue..
Admission time... I reeeeaaaly wanted a Balfa BB7 back in the day.
Bought the Lahar instead, then promptly destroyed my left knee at Glenorchy. That was pretty much the end of DH for me, all my mates all stopped racing too, which took a lot of the fun out of the trips away. Man we had some good times, Buller, Eildon, Mt Beauty, Thredbo, Glenorchy, even went to a round at Coffs which was pretty mad... big night at the plantation, @Dozer was prob there I reckon?

Last edited: