Sir Rufus Bottlerocket II

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Well i thought i should get around to putting some photo's of my current bikes up for you guys to see.

I will get around to getting some decent photo's in the near future so please excuse these ones for the time being. So with out further a due...

Freeride/ DH/ Everything bush kinda bike

Transition Bottlerocket

I picked this up earlier this year of a guy on here and was quite possibly the buy of the year. It had bugger all use and is in near perfect condition with an awesome spec list. In short it was what i wanted to build up but cost me a fraction of what it would have cost to build. This would have to be the the best dual suspension bike i have ever ridden. So plush, fast and responsive. I love the pro-pedal on the air shock as well firm it up for jumps and light DH and let it off for some no holds barred action damn plush ride.

Photo credit G.Lee

Frame - Transition Bottlerocket (Small)
Rear shock - DHX Air 5 08
Front shock/fork - Fox 36 Van RC2 08 Stiff and very plush, i think i need the next firm spring though... Time will tell.
Handlebars - Titec El norte
Stem - Thomson X4 50mm
Headset - Cane Creek 1.5" - 1,1/8"
Grips - Oury Lock Ons
Saddle - SDG Bel Air RL (Not pictured)
Seatpost - Thomson
Front brake - Avid Code 8"
Rear brake - Avid Code 8" (Have 6" rotor that i will put on one day)
Cranks - Holzfeller Oct
Chainguide - E13 STS
Chain - Durace/ XTR
Pedals - Wellgo MG1's (not pictured)
Rear derailleur - XT
Rear shifter - XTR
Cassette - Ultegra 12 -27
Front hub - Hope Pro II
Rear hub - Hope Pro II 10mm Bolt up
Front rim - DT 5.1D
Rear rim - DT 5.1D
Spokes - DT
Nipples - DT
Tyres - Minion on Front and Crossmark on rear Atm. Have High roller for rear also.
Total weight - Unknown, i will take it in to work and weigh it one day and up date here, it feels like around

DJ/ Street/ ride around with the missus and generally try shit that only little rubber band teenagers should attempt...

Last Rufus

Well as we all know the formula for the right amount of bikes is n+1, so with the help of special K's bone ass i picked this lil beauty up for a damn good price as well. I have only had it about 24hrs and have had a brief ride on it this morning. I wanted a street/ DJ hard tail for the plain reason that they are light, strong and fast. I am sure this frame will out live me. What can i say other than it feels awesome and i can't wait to start re-learning all those things i could do as a teenager, it's going to be lot of fun. The only question remains is what will break first me or the bike...

Photo credit D. Norton

Frame - Last Rufus
Front shock/fork - Pike ( A bit of flex but still pretty stiff)
Handlebars - Answer Pro Taper 2" Rise
Stem - Thomson X4 50mm ( I may replace this with a lower BMX style stem in the near future)
Headset - FSA Pig DH
Grips - ODI Lock On's
Saddle - Fly fino
Seatpost - Thomson
Rear brake - Avid Juicy 7
Cranks - Hones with E13 32T Chain wheel (will most likely be replaced with a set of eclat tibias and a 25T Odyssey Vermont Sprocket)
Chain - Unsure
Pedals - Fly Ruben
Cassette - SS 16T
Front hub - Hope Pro II
Rear hub - Hope Pro II SS/ Trials (best hook up of any hub i have used)
Front rim - Sun Rhyno lite
Rear rim - Sun Rhyno lite
Spokes - DT
Nipples - DT
Tyres - Maxxis Larsens ( I will keep these on for a while, i have a set of new holy rollers in the cupboard to use, but if i replace them i think i will go some KHE's or FS100's)
Total weight - 13.2 KG

Well there you have it folks.

Any comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

Damienp

Likes Dirt
They are both bloody unreal to ride. Not that i will ever be able to really do them justice. But i will have a lot of fun trying!!! :D

To put it into perspective, the total for both of them still wouldn't get close to building up a Bottlerocket new.

I am super stoked, and will be rather content for a while. Until the upgrades can be done. Gotta work on the house to keep the wife happy now.

Cheers for the comments, keep em coming!

Damien.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
......Transition pride baby......

I love that BR, alomst my perfect rig. Shame it's a small otherwise it
would be mine ;) and yeah the Farkiner who sold it is a top bloke.

The Rufus is sweet too, quite a nice pair you've got going there, if
your keen to offload those Hone's give me a PM

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
Very nice Damien!

I love that white hard tail especially;), I hope you enjoy riding it, and that it doesn't render you in a hospital awaiting a knee re-construction...

Daniel

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Thanks again Daniel!

Have been mucking around on it for most of the day. Its interesting trying to re-learn all the things that used to come so easy when i was younger.

Can't wait to hit the park with it on Monday.

Hellyeah, I think if i was to get another frame i would consider the medium. The short fits good but an extra inch in length would be nice, No biggy though as its a sweet ride. I will defo contact you when i am ready. Won't be for a little while though.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love that bottlerocket. They are so much fun to ride anywhere. The Last looks awesome aswell. Good luck with them!
Tom.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
I didn't take the photo's.

However i can tell you that the first one has had colour temperature adjustments made.