Slackening a short travel, angle set

safreek

Hi guys, have been looking at becoming a softcock for a while and have been eyeing a astrix solo Nos, travel is 4.5 inches which is OK , sort of. Problem is that the head angle is 70.5 degree which is not that flash for what I want to do.
Was wondering if a angle set headset with a 2% angle drop and offset bushings with another 2% drop be a functional and good idea.
I gather that it would lower the bb by a fair bit but my cunning plan is to stick a 6 inch fork on it to raise the bb by an inch or so, also getting another degree or so lower. Should bring it all down to a head angle of 65 or.less.
Apart from the fork causing a bit more stress on the head tube is there many flaws to this plan.
Cheers for any help on this plan. Yes I am naive in this sort of stuff

safreek

Well fuck me, the end of a plan before.it even started. Thanks for saving me from thinking more of it.
Just seemed like a good idea before being shot down

moorey

call me Mia
It’s probably a great little frame for what it was designed for at the time it was designed. I just think you’re throwing a lot of money in attempting to make it work, when you could buy something designed to do what you want.
I love breathing new life into old frames, but there are limitations.

safreek

It’s probably a great little frame for what it was designed for at the time it was designed. I just think you’re throwing a lot of money in attempting to make it work, when you could buy something designed to do what you want.
I love breathing new life into old frames, but there are limitations.
Yeah but you know I have a reputation for pushing stupidity to the limits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just buy another fucked dh frame and piss.your money away on trying make it work...at least then you look hard core.

Also have a look on bile exchange. Yarra Valley are clearing out old kona stock still. They may have something that works for you.

If you want an easy to work with frame shoot the special coke a message and buy his mc battery. It has a "whatever fork you want" 1.5 head tube.

safreek

Just buy another fucked dh frame and piss.your money away on trying make it work...at least then you look hard core.

Also have a look on bile exchange. Yarra Valley are clearing out old kona stock still. They may have something that works for you.

If you want an easy to work with frame shoot the special coke a message and buy his mc battery. It has a "whatever fork you want" 1.5 head tube.
Hoping to find a prophet frame or similar and slacken it with offset and angle set thingys, bang on some 180mm travel forks. Down to the low 60s. The prophet fits the bill perfectly. Perfect mini downs bike once a coil is whacked on the rear.
Then I can look real hardcore xc.
This may not make sense but, well, nor do i

safreek

Would the frame be large and cheap, I could do a MC, hard as f*** from what I gather.
Def need large as the c/Dale prophet that I had was medium and after 15/20kms got a bit uncomfortable, nay very uncomfortable on the back. Shame as it was such a brilliant bike.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Not if you're planning to pedal it anywhere, nice fun bike for jump sessions and shuttle runs. I originally brought it for my then twelve year old son as it was the only thing with a decent amount of travel that was small enough for him to fit on.

safreek

Not if you're planning to pedal it anywhere, nice fun bike for jump sessions and shuttle runs. I originally brought it for my then twelve year old son as it was the only thing with a decent amount of travel that was small enough for him to fit on.
Damn, the search continues, thanks though