Slx rear mech clutch problem

camo71

Likes Dirt
My rear mech just starting playing up today , when the clutch is on the lower chain just goes all sloppy and has no tension - if I turn the clutch off the tension is ok again , aside from the clutch / tension issue the mech is working / shifting fine .
Anyone got any ideas ? I've googled how to adjust the clutch - but not sure if that's the problem or it means the clutch mech is probably just stuffed etc or something else needs doing ?
It doesn't seem to have done a huge of hours .
Thanks in advance if you have any ideas or advice , might save scrolling through a ton of threads on unrelated mech problems .
Cheers

camo71

Likes Dirt
Ah yeh it was working fine till today , I know nothing about these - only just come from 3x9 and 26" wheels , ha .
Yeh going good mate thanks , how's things in sunny vic ?

moorey

call me Mia
What he said. 5 minute fix. 10 or 11sp? Never broken an 11 yet. Haven’t looked inside to see if improved or I’ve just been lucky.

It’s sunny...then not 3 minutes later. Just how I like it.

camo71

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys , It's a 2014 10 speed ,( dyna sys ) I've backed the clutch off quite a bit from where it was ( and was working fine at ) though shifting down to smaller cogs the cage just kind of gets stuck so as you go down the chain gets looser , still only when clutch is on .
I have to wind out until its not really doing anything for the cage to move back .
Far as I can tell everything looks ok in there , might have to visit the lbs .

Last edited:

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg
Solved ; cheap and easy fix , it was the clutch itself , only a $20 kit .
It was easy to swap out .
Part numbet Y5y198020 .
Good stuff .

creaky

XMAS Plumper
o_O Now you've really lost me , thinking you maybe thinkin I'm some one else
Moorey's a mod dude, don't argue with him. He knows who you are better than you do.

.... or maybe he's just simple and thinks everyone called camo is the same person

The only way to prove it to him is to send him a dick photo by PM.

camo71

Likes Dirt
Ha ok sorry moorey , right you are .
Yeh I do have a few Tatts but don't recall posting them anywhere .
I have faxed moorey a photo copy of my butt cheeks , will this be ok ? ( I spread my cheeks apart so he will know it's me )