Snakes

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First one for the season this morning, nothing overly exciting just saw the tail end wiggling away into the wandering dew on the plenty river.. Lucky for me it was getting the fuck out of dodge rapidly..
Just waiting for it to warm up when the big arse tigers just lay about like logs not giving two fucks because they knows they are the biggest dick in town..

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
In my 15 odd years of mountain bike riding I've never witnessed a snake on the tracks. In my last two rides I've come across 3 snakes! What the hell? All of which were smack bang in the middle of the track. Two of said snakes were wrapped around each other in some weird fight to the death/ lovers embrace kinda thing. The other snake was just chilling by himself.

redbruce

Eats Squid
In my 15 odd years of mountain bike riding I've never witnessed a snake on the tracks. In my last two rides I've come across 3 snakes! What the hell? All of which were smack bang in the middle of the track. Two of said snakes were wrapped around each other in some weird fight to the death/ lovers embrace kinda thing. The other snake was just chilling by himself.
Climate change;)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've seen 1 last season and none in the current season. I think the last one before that might have been a couple of years earlier too. Saw heaps 8-10yr odd ago though.

Maybe they all moved to see you. Are snakes migratory?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guy in Perth Hills very unfortunately passed away, was bitten on weekend on a bushwalk pretty close to suburbia really, called 000, couldn't accurately say where he was, took a day to find him and unfortunately he didn't make it. Be careful all!

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Guy in Perth Hills very unfortunately passed away, was bitten on weekend on a bushwalk pretty close to suburbia really, called 000, couldn't accurately say where he was, took a day to find him and unfortunately he didn't make it. Be careful all!
Jesus. Hope everyone here knows how to get their exact GPS coordidnates off their smart phone.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In 5 years i’ Seen a handful of small browns and plenty of black snakes; however this summer I’ve come across 3 decent size Eastern browns of 4-5 feet long! They’ve all been on wider service trails so no drama seeing them!

Bloody spiders are another story! Mozzies have been so bad around here that noone is walking the trails and clearing them out! Nothing like a St Andrews cross spider in your face to get you off your bike dancing around like Peter Garrett!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Jesus. Hope everyone here knows how to get their exact GPS coordidnates off their smart phone.
There's an app for that, but I don't have it on this phone.

It does everything including dialing 000 if you can still push the button

LPG

likes thicc birds
Works too. Though don't get too carried away with GPS reliability and accuracy on your phone of choice.
Sure beats what the 000 operator can make out from your panicked babbling as you try and get your leg out of the bike frame before the eastern brown gets out of your spokes and gives you a 5th kiss!

I haven't seen any brown snakes since moving 18 months ago which is a nice change. Still see red bellies occasionally but we seem to have an understanding.