Snakes

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Bloody hell that's nuts, never seen one that colour before. I swear I've seen a brown with a greenish tinge to it but I can't find any photos or info to back it up. Also seen a black with a bluey/grey colouring to it too.
Pretty sure there was a bloke in QLD who got tagged by a brown when he thought it was a green tree snake. Or in other words, I believe you @Asininedrivel

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure there was a bloke in QLD who got tagged by a brown when he thought it was a green tree snake. Or in other words, I believe you @Asininedrivel
There was an old dude in Townsville who decided to play with a green tree snake that he found in a tree near his house. Turned out to be a Taipan, got him about 8 times. He was still holding it when the ambulance turned up.
He had a lengthy stay in ICU.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did snake catcher training at work the other day, very interesting and fun ! Interesting practical exam, with 4 snakes hiding in amongst a few chairs and plastic bins, Tiger, Death Adder, Gwardar and Dugite. Teams of 2, find em, pick up and put in their individual bins. There was a Mulga snake too but it was deemed a bit too cranky for noobs to practice with.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I did snake catcher training at work the other day, very interesting and fun ! Interesting practical exam, with 4 snakes hiding in amongst a few chairs and plastic bins, Tiger, Death Adder, Gwardar and Dugite. Teams of 2, find em, pick up and put in their individual bins. There was a Mulga snake too but it was deemed a bit too cranky for noobs to practice with.
What does the safe work methods statement look like for catching venomous snakes?

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What does the safe work methods statement look like for catching venomous snakes?
We didn't do those in the training - but it's a pretty simple task, the main controls are that it is done by a trained and competent person, with the proper tools

Flow-Rider

Burner
SES rescue was having a training day at one of the local parks, I came across them looking for something in the grass at one of the worst places for snakes in the whole park. Just about every time this year I've seen Eastern browns on the trail.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The sound effects were lovely :D, unless you're standing on the snake the best thing to do is stand still when you're with in striking range.