Snakes

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Nope ropes are cool, humans can suck arse....
the pig fixed that for you.....

Oh and for all the comments.. yes, its a grovel bike.....used as a commuter (small % of weekly ride is off piste/not paved) and occasional camping sled. So little time to ride off road and so few places to ride off road.... fork and suspension maintanence was a pain - so next best thing - grovel bike.... still, be nice to sneks, lizzies, emus, roos.... shite, be nice to anything non human..... that includes the pig.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We haven't seen many out this year surprisingly, they normally chill by the river close to ours.
First one I've seen in ages too, possibly the floodwaters have disturbed them? Seen a baby mouse spider while moving a few fallen branches, thought it was a red ant at first without my glasses on, until I stood back and was able to focus my eyes.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Was talking to the folks the other week and mum was saying how the cat was all acting up at the front door, headed out to investigate and found a baby (6 or 7" long) tiger hiding behind the doormat. Little bugger reared up all aggressive when the mat was removed. They must have a good breeding spot at their house as they had a baby tiger of similar size in the lounge room 2 or 3 years ago. We were up there visiting at the time too! :eek:

tobbogonist

a registered member
We have three local tiger snakes, one behind the bus in the bush, one opposite in the field under an old tinny (he is very big and I have transferred the boat rego over into his name) and a small one that flaps about when ever I let my guard down.
Latest episode I was sitting on the deck having a beer and it slid straight past over the top of one of my boots.
I've scheduled a snake handling course, I don't want to handle them but would rather I knew what I was doing if the situation arose.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
On a two hour ride around Lystie today I found three which is bizarre. I've only seen a total of three there in the last four years.

It was in the morning and warming up but overcast, so I managed to get photos as they were moving pretty slowly.

I came around a corner at mach chicken and stopped half a meter short of squashing this red belly. It was so scared it turned and faced me with a flattened neck before I apologised out loud, it nodded at me and we both continued on our way.

Another red belly, but much bigger than the first one. It looked like the sort of snake that would bite you because it is hungry, not scared. I walked around that section of the track.

Cute little baby something. It was about 30cm long and I just managed to avoid it. I went back and gently guided it off the track as it was on a blind corner on a downhill section and there was a group of riders behind me.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
On a two hour ride around Lystie today I found three which is bizarre. I've only seen a total of three there in the last four years.

It was in the morning and warming up but overcast, so I managed to get photos as they were moving pretty slowly.

I came around a corner at mach chicken and stopped half a meter short of squashing this red belly. It was so scared it turned and faced me with a flattened neck before I apologised out loud, it nodded at me and we both continued on our way.

View attachment 387499

Another red belly, but much bigger than the first one. It looked like the sort of snake that would bite you because it is hungry, not scared. I walked around that section of the track.

View attachment 387500

Cute little baby something. It was about 30cm long and I just managed to avoid it. I went back and gently guided it off the track as it was on a blind corner on a downhill section and there was a group of riders behind me.

View attachment 387501
That is weird. Maybe they're on the move to fuel up pre-hibernation?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

View attachment 387499

View attachment 387500

View attachment 387501
The little one might be a white-lipped snake, but hard to tell in the pic. Even fully-grown they're quite small, only 40cm or so. Only mildly venomous, they're not dangerous to humans.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 387499

View attachment 387500

View attachment 387501
Interesting, I've done a lot of ks around there and never seen a single one yet.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Interesting, I've done a lot of ks around there and never seen a single one yet.
I'll usually come across one or two a year at lysty. This year's tally is one off the side of the trail at lysty, bunny hopped one at Maryvale pines, and ran over one at red Hill.

I have no idea what they all were tho. Long, slithery, lacking legs, and definitely not sticks.

Sent from my Xperia XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

View attachment 387499

View attachment 387500

View attachment 387501
This is pretty bonkers, also awesome.

Sent from my Xperia XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk