So...I live in Perth now?

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Sounds like my old neighbourhood. I should fit in well.

I brought 2. I figured one for getting around on and one for trails. Left the 951 and nomad in storage assuming there wouldn't be much of that sort of riding available.

I was a bit nervous about luggage weight so didn't throw any of my abundant supply of spare freeride tyres in but I did order a few minions while in quarantine. Fucked if I know when they'll turn up though.

I've been to the Bayswater park before. The jumps were totally fucked up - poor choice of soil me thinks. They were eroded and filled with water grooves. I might roll over there this arvo though.

Now a camel farm and a goat farm?

And you nailed it with the urban sprawl comment. I will give credit for the cycleways though. If I was into road riding it would be paradise.
Excellent choice of bikes! The Polygon would be a hoot around the Camel Farm (Kalamunda) with the right rubber. I used to ride around it with a 34 front ring and an 11-25 cassette on my P3. It sucked at times, but so many of the trails can be fun as you use all the terrain to pop off.

Your Transition will be good for both Farms, and the trails that shall remain nameless near the Camel Farm. I used to ride a Heckler with 140/135mm travel (ancient) and then a Tallboy LT (140/135mm) and never felt like I needed anymore. I never rode Linga Longa though.

I generally rode my bike to work along the Maylands line. I loved the cycling infrastructure in Perth, great if you live near it.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Dirt Jumps - https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...665bd65bbb789!8m2!3d-31.8107532!4d115.7969153

Altone Park has a few too, not too far from Ballajura

Some new ones down in Cockburn too but that is a fair hike from Ballajura!

Scout will be good for almost anywhere else although maybe a bit sketchy on the double blacks depending how talented you are!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Talented? Me? Fuck no. I'm all send+pray with a heavy dose of plough. I save finesse for pouring drinks and fishing. My knots are damn fine.

Made it to the bays water jumps/park. The park is a really nice skate park. That vert ramp is really vert! The jumps...well they have been improved since my last visit. All the kickers are now beautifully shaped and concrete! The rest of the jumps are in rough but ride-able shape. I don't ride a lot of that step up style jump so currently it looks like I'll need to ease in and find my feet. But the set up is really nicely designed. I'd just be a lot happier without the step up aspect or a more gradual ramp up rather than the bmx track style wall of no.

Anyway I cut some laps of the skatepark. A couple of sweet little tables in there, big banks, a tiny drop, steps, and a nice transfer into the vert ramp. I had a nice route worked out, washed out going too high on the vert ramp, then the schoolie crowd rocked up. Looked like someone was doing a roaring trade of drugs from his office in the carpark.

I hit the jump line for a bit. I haven't got a photo of the first one, it's just a small table. Took a little work to get rhythm + speed right for it and then into the fist of the step ups. I figured I'd ease in and hip off half a dozen times to make sure I was getting the speed + height. All felt like the goods, putting the hip down nice and clean. You know where this is going! Binned it like a chump first shot for the full length of it. Came in fast and the lip bucked me into a nose dive like I'd never ridden a bike before. As soon as my front wheel left the concrete I knew I was fucked so went into damage control. Ploughed the front wheel into the knuckle and went for the safety roll down the lander.

So I fucked the roll up pretty good. A significant portion of the roll was a slide on the front of my helmet, then I rolled. I managed to loose a shoe, fucked my helmet (first ride in it), scratched my sunnies (glad I had them on though), and tore my favourite gloves (and my palm! Why wear gloves if they don't save???)! One bar end also came off. Bit of bark off the legs and hand, sore wrist, shoulders, and neck. Glad I didn't end up like some less fortunate fellows on here have recently. It must have been quite a spectacle. Anyway I gathered my things and dragged my sorry arse to a grassy knoll for a rest. Then one of the bmx guys really showed me up! The line is freaking sweet when ridden by someone that can.

The betrayer is the locker with black graffiti.

Attachments

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So that's your welcome to the wild west.

At least no serious damage done. Here's hoping it doesn't knock your confidence for the next send session.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Wow the jumps have changed. I ate shit on them as well :D

There used to be a BMX crew I'd see at Bayswater from time to time. They were all a bit older and good to chat with.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
In breaking news, the State Government and local council have learned of the accident involving Rotorburn Royalty and announced that the jumps etc there will be removed.

The announcement has absolutely nothing to do with plans for a new rail line and train station in that location.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In breaking news, the State Government and local council have learned of the accident involving Rotorburn Royalty and announced that the jumps etc there will be removed.

The announcement has absolutely nothing to do with plans for a new rail line and train station in that location.
Can't tell if serious or joke..? There was some hi vis workers there yesterday doing something between the fence and the cycle highway.

Wow the jumps have changed. I ate shit on them as well :D
Turns out it is easy enough to do!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Can't tell if serious or joke..? There was some hi vis workers there yesterday doing something between the fence and the cycle highway.
About the Rotorburn Royalty comment? Was serious.

Train is going along the central median of the highway I think, but have heard that stuff is making way for a station carpark. Not sure on timing but is funded and not that far away. Naturally no decisions yet on if/where something might be built to replace it.

There looks to be a decent dirt jump section in High Wycombe at the Fleming Reserve BMX/Skate Park if you're looking for something else similar to visit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That parkland would be a perfect spot for a carpark. Always good to have stuff like that near public transport. Makes it accessible for the kids they tend to target

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Talented? Me? Fuck no. I'm all send+pray with a heavy dose of plough. I save finesse for pouring drinks and fishing. My knots are damn fine.

Made it to the bays water jumps/park. The park is a really nice skate park. That vert ramp is really vert! The jumps...well they have been improved since my last visit. All the kickers are now beautifully shaped and concrete! The rest of the jumps are in rough but ride-able shape. I don't ride a lot of that step up style jump so currently it looks like I'll need to ease in and find my feet. But the set up is really nicely designed. I'd just be a lot happier without the step up aspect or a more gradual ramp up rather than the bmx track style wall of no.

Anyway I cut some laps of the skatepark. A couple of sweet little tables in there, big banks, a tiny drop, steps, and a nice transfer into the vert ramp. I had a nice route worked out, washed out going too high on the vert ramp, then the schoolie crowd rocked up. Looked like someone was doing a roaring trade of drugs from his office in the carpark.

I hit the jump line for a bit. I haven't got a photo of the first one, it's just a small table. Took a little work to get rhythm + speed right for it and then into the fist of the step ups. I figured I'd ease in and hip off half a dozen times to make sure I was getting the speed + height. All felt like the goods, putting the hip down nice and clean. You know where this is going! Binned it like a chump first shot for the full length of it. Came in fast and the lip bucked me into a nose dive like I'd never ridden a bike before. As soon as my front wheel left the concrete I knew I was fucked so went into damage control. Ploughed the front wheel into the knuckle and went for the safety roll down the lander.

So I fucked the roll up pretty good. A significant portion of the roll was a slide on the front of my helmet, then I rolled. I managed to loose a shoe, fucked my helmet (first ride in it), scratched my sunnies (glad I had them on though), and tore my favourite gloves (and my palm! Why wear gloves if they don't save???)! One bar end also came off. Bit of bark off the legs and hand, sore wrist, shoulders, and neck. Glad I didn't end up like some less fortunate fellows on here have recently. It must have been quite a spectacle. Anyway I gathered my things and dragged my sorry arse to a grassy knoll for a rest. Then one of the bmx guys really showed me up! The line is freaking sweet when ridden by someone that can.

The betrayer is the locker with black graffiti.
is the bike ok..