So someone squeezed my brake lever while the wheel was out

frostbite

Likes Dirt
It may have been me, I dont remember.
However, when I tried to fit the wheel in, the gap between the pads was too small for the disc. I pried them apart with a flat wrench until the disc fit. Now the wheel spins but rubs on the pads badly, and the lever is incredibly stiff.

How do I fix this? Do I need to take the wheel out and pry the pads apart some more? or do I need to something at the lever?

The brakes are juicy 7s. I wound the pad contact knob all the way out but it hasnt made a difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not to sure about the avid's i have hayes and i did what u did pryed em open with the flat wrench and it worked 4 me, but i would suggest taking it to your local bike shop when i have a problem they always help me out :)

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If all fails, just get them bled. Probably a safer option to. But depending on how bad it was done you might be able to fix them yourself.

s73v30

Likes Dirt
Instructions:

1 take a large hammer and whack the person that did it over the head as long as its not yourself.:p

2 grab anything with and edge on it eg screw driver and jam it in there and prize it open If that fails rebleed them and they should be good as new.

Tip. stick something in there next time you do it so these things cant happen

frostbite

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, I will try pry them apart a bit more.
I usually do put something in there when I put it in the car, but its been sitting at home so I didnt think it was going to be an issue.

Thanks for the help.