So, who can fill me in on the past 10 years?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
If I'm not in the air, 26 can get fucked! Oh also if I try and pedal fast up a hill just for a bit, because it does accelerate very fast, otherwise, GTFO! Oh and really long wheelies up fire trails, but that's it.

Being non cynical and actually comparing, other than being able to throw the thing in the air the other things were such a tiny difference to 27.5 thinking about the wheels only, and things have come so far since the last 26ers on the rest I couldn't go back. It's pure novelty value to me now, which is valuable but not enough to ride one all the time.
It’s psychosomatic. I run the spitty, rune and tranny alternating between 26 and 27.5. No way to tell which you’re on in you don’t check.
27.5? Isn't that another dead wheel size? Friggin boomers and their old tech

Plow King

Little bit.
Wow this thread escalated quickly!

I've been trying to find a replacement bike. But I think the market is getting hammered at the moment with every man, woman and their dog wanting to get a hold of one so I'm not going to pay $2k for a 10 year old Kona stinky!

If anyone is selling an old school SC Nomad or something for non-rediculous money please hit me up. Haha

But did you ever get that WRX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. I had an 03 STI, a Evo X and back in an 06 STI. So yes :)

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Haha. I had an 03 STI, a Evo X and back in an 06 STI. So yes
Pretty much goes downhill from that point onwards. More cameras save lives, manuals dying, evos gone (wrx not the same without evo buddies to banter). It's no wonder everyone goes back to bicycles.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wow this thread escalated quickly!

I've been trying to find a replacement bike. But I think the market is getting hammered at the moment with every man, woman and their dog wanting to get a hold of one so I'm not going to pay $2k for a 10 year old Kona stinky!

If anyone is selling an old school SC Nomad or something for non-rediculous money please hit me up. Haha

Haha. I had an 03 STI, a Evo X and back in an 06 STI. So yes :)
I could be convinced to sell my nomad for the right kind of $$$...if you bleed gold shoot me a message and for fucks sake, don't get it wrong and give me a profile post.

Plow King

Little bit.
I could be convinced to sell my nomad for the right kind of $$$...if you bleed gold shoot me a message and for fucks sake, don't get it wrong and give me a profile post.
Haha. Not looking to spend a fortune. Would really love a 200X series Nomad though. I always wanted one but didn't have the spare 10k to build one up.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Haha. Not looking to spend a fortune. Would really love a 200X series Nomad though. I always wanted one but didn't have the spare 10k to build one up.
Med carbon Nomad just popped up on FB, BOS DeVille up front...looks pretty sweet
$1700 seems like a fair price too

moorey

call me Mia
It seems to have dropped off FB now, but Yes, it was the same model (MK2 C)as this running BOS forks, saint/XT brakes and DT
Sounds pretty decent then. I’d want to look it over well though. I was close to buying that model on behalf of mates a couple of times. Each time they had ‘paint cracks’ that looked like a lot more than just top coat to me.
Older carbon gravity bikes is not something ima touch. My2c