Soft car covers

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got one for the mornings cause its the only way I can keep the car out of the sun before I can take it to work in the afternoons to put it in the garage there, but I don't actually like taking it to work because its a complete waste of petrol/wear and tear.

Obviously with the cover on the car still gets hot as hell in the sun (cause, well, that's cairns for ya) but is it the heat or the UV rays that's really gonna damage my paint? Is it worth leaving at home covered rather than taking it to work for a proper garage? I have a 2000 WRX, so crappy Subaru paint ftw...

downhillar

Likes Dirt
UV rays damages the paint i believe. does the car cover have a UV rating?

honestly i don't think it's worth driving your car anywhere just to protect the paint.
at the end of the day it's a 10yr old wrx (no offence intended - i also drive a 2000 wrx) and if it's a pain in the arse for you to drive it to work just to protect it from the sun then i wouldn't bother.
the car cover would be slowing the process, plus you're gonna save costs on fuel, tyres etc by not driving it so i'd personally leave it at home.