VIC SOLD - 100mm Reba SL dual air 29 - 175mm 1 1/8 - 9mm - $150

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Item: RS Reba SL Dual air 29 - 175mm straight 1 1/8 steerer - 9mm QR (with 15mm axle adapter)
Item Condition: couple of nics in the uppers, usual cable rub and scratches elsewhere, seals are old and need replacing. Still work a treat though, all adjustments still good and lockout is reasonably effective (theres movement, but not much).
Reason for selling: was about to order new seals and give them a service when a set of xfusion slides popped up. i'm a big xfusion fan these days and figured the extra 20mm would help my wrists on the longer rides.
Price and price conditions: what have you got? It's no use to sitting on the bench and if it stays much longer it'll end up turning into another bike...
* swap for dropper post? Old joplin or hilo would be fine, 31.6 or 30.9 - SOLD
Extra Info: comes with an XTR skewer which makes up 90% of the value here ;) just gave the lowers a quick clean and regrease, those seals should be replaced soon but they're not scratching the uppers and the forks do ride fine still.
Pictures: TaDaaaa!

Attachments

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
These might suit JohnU. He has a WTB post that I just linked your thread into.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plank - interested in that axle adaptor. Where did you get may I ask and how much?

Does it work well?

GLWS btw

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thats the one, same seller too. took a little bit of hunting, none of the usual shops had anything even remotely like it but i thought i couldn't be the only one trying to match up 15mm to QR.

It works a treat, slides in nice and easy and stays reasonably centered because of the O rings, it can slide about a little when removing the wheel, but thats the price you pay. as for the ride... meh? it does as advertised i guess? i had it on an 80mm set of RST forks first, then these Rebas, and now i've got 15mm axle on the xfusions. the biggest difference in all of these is the forks themselves, and then it probably comes down to the travel as much as the fork. might add a few grams but i doubt it'd worry you. (if whoever buys the forks doesn't need the adapter, i'll see if they'll pass it on)

thanks for all the free bumping guys :heh:

belongil

Likes Bikes
I'm interested, I have some 120 xx forks similar age and would love the damper and axle to improve ride and stiffness.. Would it go in a dual air 120?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm interested, I have some 120 xx forks similar age and would love the damper and axle to improve ride and stiffness.. Would it go in a dual air 120?
Hey mate, i'm afraid someone better in the know will have to answer that, i cant be certain that the damper unit will fit. (i know that earlier reba/pike dampers were interchangeable, but that's the extent of my expertise)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bump!

heaps of interest in the axle adapter, but no-one wants the forks?!?

buy the adapter for $150 and get a free set of forks!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Prefer pickup, but if you're reluctant to fly down to vic for a set of forks, i guess i could post them ;)

i'll work out what it will cost if you're keen?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Prefer pickup, but if you're reluctant to fly down to vic for a set of forks, i guess i could post them ;)

i'll work out what it will cost if you're keen?
It should be in the region of about $15-18 if packaged haphazardly. I've sent totems for $18 and Rebas for $15.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
sweet, we'll make it $15 then, i like to live dangerously

that is, unless moorey wants them? 29er XC forks? these'd be right up his alley yeah? :tape2: