NSW SOLD 2006 Specialized SXII Trail PRICE DROP new photos

phantombdb

Likes Dirt
SOLD Medium 2006 Specialized SXII Trail PRICE DROP New photos
Northern Beaches Sydney
This bike is in EXCELLENT condition and hardly ridden due to wrist injury at work (June 08)
Reason for selling; Work Accident to wrist
$3000, will send if you pay freight within Aust
Forks; Totem 2 Step
Shock; Fox DHX5.0 400lbs spring
Wheels; Stout front Mavic 721 36 hole 2,5 Minion Super Tacky
HADLEY rear Sun MTX Grey Camo 36 hole 2.35 High Roller Slow Reezay 40a
Brakes Avid Juicy 7 203mm
Shimano XT Cranks (no pedals)
Blackspire 36 tooth chainring
Cassette; 34-12 Shimano XT
Gamut Chain Guide
Connex chain with link
Sram XO shifter and deraileur
ODI Rogue grips
Syncro Stem and Seat Post
Specialized saddle

Contact; phantombdb@optusnet.com.au or 0412 24 3335

Attachments

Last edited:

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
would you be interested in swapping that spring for a 450lb?
i really need a lighter spring
whats stoke length?

rington75

Likes Dirt
for me, too expensive, i haver seen 2 x 07 reign x1 for just under 2k. i think most ppl probably ask too much initially because noone wants to lose money on a bike but when there are new models every year, resale value plummets, motorcycles are the same

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fact I am struggling with is that just 2 years ago these bikes were $6000-$6500 rrp, which was insane amount of money, so really $3000 with the upgrades in my opinion is a fair price.

I am struggling to sell my SX Trail II 2006, yet have no idea why, because they are on amazing bike.

mwyse

Likes Dirt
SX verses reign

You can't compare the superiority of an SX over a reign. SXs are well built and well engineered. Reigns are pieces of POOH! and to compare these bikes is just amateurish. Oh and if you pay $2000 for one your paying to much. LOL

See you on the trails

rington75

Likes Dirt
thats the great thing about opinions, they are like arseholes, everybody has one :D ( have been wanting to use that for ages)

the question was asked, the only thing i compared between the reign and the sx was cost, im just saying what i can get for the money i have budgeted, but what i said about price is spot and the number of price drops on so many of the bikes on here is massive. i would be lucky to get 25% of my purchase price on one of my bikes and its less than 2 yrs old.:(

You can't compare the superiority of an SX over a reign. SXs are well built and well engineered. Reigns are pieces of POOH! and to compare these bikes is just amateurish. Oh and if you pay $2000 for one your paying to much. LOL

See you on the trails

steel-o

Likes Dirt
second hand prices

second hand prices cause great debate but i go with the guide that anything s/h would be half prices for starters even if it's not been used, as the s/h market is a bit of a gamble. i know you think your bike is top notch never abused / well maintained but the buyer does not know that.
bikes are always overpriced cos the owner values them more than the market price. i know this is tough but i've seen loads of bikes drop prices till they get till the 50% mark down. bikes at the right price go in a day.

good luck with sale

phantombdb

Likes Dirt
Sale Time

Thanks for your input.
I do value the bike, and so would others. But a brand spanker always looks inviting. Then you factor in the devaluation of a new steed, and then the showroom nic 2nd hander starts looking even better.

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Personally, I am shocked as to why this has not been sold yet!

This would ride better than most 2009 bikes with the forks and build kit, and for the price (half of what the new 2009 equivalent would be) this IS a steal!

Good luck with the sale buddy!