NSW SOLD - Bought!

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Looking for a rear shock for my 2011 Trance, current RP2 is stuffed and rides like a spring

Item: rear shock for Trance 2011
Price range/Willing to Pay: Market rate depending on condition
Extra Info:184mm Eye to Eye and 44mm stroke

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
You'll have more chance of finding a 190, and then running offset bushes. I can't see the bees dick of extra stroke causing an issue*

*I started the fuckwit confession thread. :woot:

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
rear shock

Moorey, the Giant frame will just (literaly) fit a 190mm shock.
The downside to this is it slackens the seat tube angle, I already have changed the forks for better than stock which as reduced it already.

Offset bushes could be challenging as the lower mount for the shock is buried in the bottom bracket area. If it bought a small shock I could offset bushes on the top but that reduces travel

184mm it is, but do greatly appreciate your input

Happy trails

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I had an offset bush in a standard RP23 in my 2012 Trance, but you can only run them in the upper bush mount.

Ivan

Eats Squid
rear shock 184mm Eye to Eye

A 190x50 shock will make the seat tube angle steeper, and increase travel to 140mm.

It is a common upgrade, and I haven't read if any frame fouling issues. 190x50 shocks are more common and therefore likely to be cheaper.

If you have already fitted longer forks, then the 190mm shock would seem like the logical upgrade. The only negative is that both of these modifications raise the BB height.

Last edited:

dh.demon

Likes Dirt
If you haven't found one i may have one... will need to check.
Does the model and brand matter?

Fox R, RP2 or RP23
Or a monrach RT3....

I'm 99% sure one of the above i have is the size you're after....

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
rear shock

SlowManiac, link is OK, would prefer to purchase locally where possible, but thank you for posting a response
JT Mofo, offset would work up top, did you go for a smaller shock then use offset bushes?
Ivan, I stand corrected, you are correct :). will explore that option

dh.demon. I have sent you a PM
Eye to eye 184 or 190 (thanks gain Ivan)
Need a shock with some lockout option, RP2 which is existing is woeful

Thanks again everyone for the responses, hope you all have a great weekend and will keep watching the post

ozgti

Likes Dirt
I have an rp23 in 190mm. Located northern beaches. Good condition. $175. Too short for my giant (200x5x)

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
shock

Thanks Ozgti
Sale pending with DhDemon, once I get back to an area that has decent reception for interent
Cheers