NSW SOLD Cane Creek 200x57 DBCoilCS

goobags

Likes Dirt
Item: Cane Creen 200x57 DBCoil with climb switch and 55mm 500-688lb Valt progressive spring
Item Condition: Shock used, previous owner filed some of the paint off to get it to fit in a tight frame, coil is 3 rides old
Reason for selling: Can barley justify having 2 bikes at the moment let alone spare shocks for bikes
Price and price conditions: $300 shipped for the lot. Coil for $75, shock $225 plus postage individually
Extra Info: Coil is basically brand new, shock is second hand and works well, Spitfires really aren't suited to coils and the time involved in getting a lighter spring, then stuffing around tuning is better spent riding it with an X2. No mounting hardware included
Pictures:

moorey

call me Mia
Item: Cane Creen 200x57 DBCoil with climb switch and 55mm 500-688lb Valt progressive spring
Item Condition: Shock used, previous owner filed some of the paint off to get it to fit in a tight frame, coil is 3 rides old
Reason for selling: Can barley justify having 2 bikes at the moment let alone spare shocks for bikes
Price and price conditions: $300 shipped for the lot. Coil for $75, shock $225 plus postage individually
Extra Info: Coil is basically brand new, shock is second hand and works well, Spitfires really aren't suited to coils and the time involved in getting a lighter spring, then stuffing around tuning is better spent riding it with an X2. No mounting hardware included
Pictures:
View attachment 375823View attachment 375824View attachment 375825
10 hours ago I would have considered this for MY Spitty, you monster!

moorey

call me Mia
You broke a Banshee you are the monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s true.
What didn’t you like about spitty coil? People love coil on Rune. I used to run a coil DHX5 on my spitty and it felt pretty sweet. Did prefer CCDBA mind.

goobags

Likes Dirt
It’s true.
What didn’t you like about spitty coil? People love coil on Rune. I used to run a coil DHX5 on my spitty and it felt pretty sweet. Did prefer CCDBA mind.
With a linear coil I was over sprung, running more sag than I wanted and would still bottom out. X2 it just a nicer shock to ride with. Put a progressive spring on then was properly over sprung. Didn’t want to spend another $150 on a coil then spend the time tuning it. Only getting out once a fortnight at best for a ride and taking the hardtail. Spitfire has been relegated to daughter Shotgun duties. Want more of my life story?

moorey

call me Mia
With a linear coil I was over sprung, running more sag than I wanted and would still bottom out. X2 it just a nicer shock to ride with. Put a progressive spring on then was properly over sprung. Didn’t want to spend another $150 on a coil then spend the time tuning it. Only getting out once a fortnight at best for a ride and taking the hardtail. Spitfire has been relegated to daughter Shotgun duties. Want more of my life story?

Is your daughter riding a large and sick of said spitty?

goobags

Likes Dirt
Is your daughter riding a large and sick of said spitty?
It is a large and anything is for sale for the right price. Could part ways with it but would be in the same boat as you, what to replace it with?

moorey

call me Mia
It is a large and anything is for sale for the right price. Could part ways with it but would be in the same boat as you, what to replace it with?

Yeah, nice, lucky girl :p
Hoping to get mine sorted out, otherwise I’ll wait until prices settle a bit post Covid.
Cheers.

goobags

Likes Dirt
That's a mighty heavy spring for 80kg.
Yep lesson learned. 450lb was closest to spring calculators but bottoming out. 500lb was also using too much travel too often then progressive springs came out. Should have got a 450-550lb but didn’t think too much and got this spring. Definitely a bit much but also surprising how much travel was being used just felt average as I was clearly over sprung, V2 Spittys and coils don’t mix

moorey

call me Mia
Yep lesson learned. 450lb was closest to spring calculators but bottoming out. 500lb was also using too much travel too often then progressive springs came out. Should have got a 450-550lb but didn’t think too much and got this spring. Definitely a bit much but also surprising how much travel was being used just felt average as I was clearly over sprung, V2 Spittys and coils don’t mix

I don’t recall commonly bottoming out mine with a basic DHX5 and 350 spring (75kg). I don’t ride as hard as most, but I’m a bit of a Gumby.