NSW SOLD Rockshox pike 426 09 model SOLD

Bikenerd

cunning linguist
Item: SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent condition, only had 15 hours use in dry conditions. very minor scratches on lower legs. No scratches on stanchions. Not bent or damaged in any way. (see photos)
Reason for selling: Upgrading to Fox 831 to shave some weight.
Price and price conditions: SOLD
Extra Info: 185mm steerer tube length.
Pictures: see below

Attachments

Last edited:

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
I notice you've either removed or broken the red rebound adjuster - it all works and isn't damaged in any way; I can just use a hex key or get a new knob, right?

Secondly (never owned my own pair of RockShox forks) how much range of adjustment do you get with spring preload?
I've only ever owned Fox or Marz forks and the range of adjustment does basically nothing on my Vans but on my 888s it dramatically changes it...what are the Pikes like?

Bikenerd

cunning linguist
pike revelation

I notice you've either removed or broken the red rebound adjuster - it all works and isn't damaged in any way; I can just use a hex key or get a new knob, right?

Secondly (never owned my own pair of RockShox forks) how much range of adjustment do you get with spring preload?
I've only ever owned Fox or Marz forks and the range of adjustment does basically nothing on my Vans but on my 888s it dramatically changes it...what are the Pikes like?
Hi.
The rebound adjusters on Rockshox fall out all the time. I probably have another one lying around somewhere to replace it. Otherwise just use an allen key. The adjuster is only held on by a groove and a ring so, it's not the most robust system.
After 15 years of riding my view on preload is that if you have to use it, you don't have the right weight spring installed. That said, there is no preload on the pike. It has travel adjust between 95-140mm which doesn't affect the spring rate. It does have a lockout/threshold compression damper however. The threshold adjust allows you to set how hard a force it takes for the fork to start moving and has effective adjustment from off to fully locked out. You then have a switch to turn this threshold on or off. So you can easily tune it to ride how you want. I ran the threshold on about 1/3 and turned it on when riding around on the street etc so it didn't bob, but it would still activate for bunny hops etc.
For the record the spring is x-firm for 80+kg riders and the rebound damping also has a very effective range of adjustment.
Hope this helps.